Thread: Gillette Knock-Offs

Default Gillette Knock-Offs

I was recently poking around my parents' bathroom and found what appears to be a knock-off of a Gillette Slim adjustable by some company named "Rite Shav." Does anyone have any further information on this?

Images

No info, but post photos!!
    ~~JOHN~~*Founding member of ALPHA Team*

I'll post pics as soon as I can. Those threads helped, however, the razor is clearly stamped "Rite Shav" rather than having any kind of symbol that I saw in the threads above. Once I post the pics, let me know what you all think.

So, eventually, I will get around to actually posting pics of this razor, but I'll have to find the time (and the camera) in order to do so. I have just completed my first two shaves with what I believe to be a knock-off of the Gillette Slim Adjustable. I'm not sure it is soviet-made as it doesn't bear any of the markings depicted in the above links, but it definitely looks like all those razors. Using a low-bugdet setup (Derby Extra, Col Conk Almond with some glycerin, and a boar brush),and setting the razor on "4" I managed to obtain a BBS with a two pass shave (WTG/ATG). Once again, this proves the idea that it's all about technique and, while good equipment makes things easier and more enjoyable, the more you practice, the better you get at it. I'm still searching for information on the razor. Although there is a littel uneveness in blade exposure on either side, I didn't notice a big difference in the way each side felt.As I mentioned in an earlier post, the razor is stamped "Rite Shav" and "First Adjustable" on the underside of the head. In appearance, it looks just like a Gillette Slim Adjustable and functions exactly the same. I had assumed that the term "Rite Shav" referred to the manufacturer, but now I'm not sure. Does anyone know of a good reference website or publication that could shed some light on this? Pics forthcoming to assist with the ID.

No pics cant help :o/
    Im just having fun :o)