What's new

Rooney Heritiage Stubby 2XL...pure awesome

I can't believe I almost sold this brush. This is what brushes aspire to be, gents. This is crazy dense 2-band, making the backbone exceptional. It reminds me of fan-shape D01 2-band, but without that unbearable prickliness. There is a touch of scritch here, but it's acceptable.

$2xl (1).jpg

About to go to work on some Harris soap.

$2xl (2).jpg

After loading.

$2xl (3).jpg

Brush is "too dense", and does not want to give up the lather. Maybe with some more water.

$2xl (4).jpg

$2xl (5).jpg

@ Vlad-

Congrats on the discovery. Sadly, I think too often our impatience or non-observance does us a disservice.

Vlad, which one happens to get more use, the 2XL or 3XL and do you happen to enjoy one a little more than the other?

I do enjoy the 3 more...it's got perfectly soft tips, is bigger, and not quite such strong backbone. I love big brushes. YMMV, though, and there is variation in badger hair even between these brushes of the same line.

Where do I buy these Rooney brushes - online Euro stores preferably ?

FYI Don't buy used brushes....never.....ever......will do so :001_smile

I can't believe I almost sold this brush.

I purchased one of these from a fool nice guy this weekend on the B/S/T :tongue_sm I've got an XL1 and it is most excellent, but there just isn't enough of it. Hopefully, the larger XL2 knot will sate my brush hunger (yeah, right).

I do enjoy the 3 more...it's got perfectly soft tips, is bigger, and not quite such strong backbone. I love big brushes. YMMV, though, and there is variation in badger hair even between these brushes of the same line.

yeah, judging by your video, you do like the big brushes (30mm+). i recently got a M&F 2XL (28mm) and can't imagine going bigger, but only time will tell.

i am really enjoy the 2XL size, it's been great for face and scuttle (DB1.5) lathering.

I have the same brush and it really is fantastic. I matched it up in the pics below against a recently acquired Duke 3 2-band and as you can see it is much denser (I think of it as Chubby dense). In spite of the more pronounced fan shape it delivers more backbone than the Simpson. I usually prefer the bigger brushes as well (the Chubby 3 over the 2) but I like this brush more than either of my 3XLs. This may be the only brush I own that hits my rotation every week.

$IMG_1856.jpg$IMG_1858.jpg$IMG_1860.jpg

Top Bottom