Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rooney Heritiage Stubby 2XL...pure awesome

Quote Originally Posted by mhdena View Post
    After mine is completely dry a quick rub across the tips separates the tips that clumped together while damp and takes any crustiness away.
    Yep, you have the gel tipped batch. The whole point of my post, for the record, is to decipher if Rooney has just decided to use a different batch of hair for their XL models that no longer has that unique gel like consistency on the tips. Even though I really do love the new batch of hair they're using because its so soft and scritchless, the gel like tips IS what made the Rooney XL very unique in feel.

Mine is close to a year old, so the gel tip hair may not be available anymore except 2nd hand.

I had a 2XL a year ago and just got another new one. I can confirm that there is some scritch to this current hair and is quite different than before. The older brush had unusual looking and feeling hair - it had a rough feel when dry but once wet it became strangely silky soft.

Can anybody post pics of the 3xl next to the 2xl or some other reference point brush please?
    BOTOC, Arkolyte, TOFLAC-U, Muhle R41 (2010)- Merkur Progress, Merkur 37 Slant, Simpsons Wee Scot lover,Omega Pro boar, Arko & Gada face latherer.
    SUPPORT B&B BUCK A SALE.

Quote Originally Posted by jsj_297 View Post
    Can anybody post pics of the 3xl next to the 2xl or some other reference point brush please?
    http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...ritage-line-up
    TOFLAC-U

Images

i'm the owner of the link Vlad put up. I still own all three but I traded my "crusty dry" ivory 2xl for the "soft-dry" jade 2XL that Bravado13 has referenced in this thread. I'll try to post other pictures for reference of the 3 along with other brushes i have. i'll have some time this weekend to do so.

Glad you finally got the 2XL Vlad to complete the trifecta.
    Jose in KC
    L.O.B.O.S- member of the wolf pack!
    BOTSS - tallowy goodness

So to the owners's of this brush, which batch of hairs is the best to use? The gel like tips or the scritch?
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by jbake37 View Post
    So to the owners's of this brush, which batch of hairs is the best to use? The gel like tips or the scritch?
    The 'gel' tips are the holy grail of brush hairs for me. Others haven't enjoyed them, though, and prefer some scritch.
    TOFLAC-U

Images

after using both, they're pretty similar. when wet they behave almost the same. i think the old heritage hair was more dense and that's why you got more backbone attributing to the massaging gel feel. this new heritage hair is equally as soft and density is a little less, so you might not feel the backbone but there is still some there. the lather release (my only ding on the old heritage hair) on the new heritage hair is just about perfect. it was like rooney answered the only criticism of their hair and release a perfect knot. soft, decent backbone, and unbelieveable performance with great lather release.

regardless of which you get, you'll have a great brush. the better lather release for me makes up for the slight loss of the gel/backbone feel.

and this might be a bit of a stretch, but this hair is pretty similar to lee's heritage blonde hair. the knots (density-wise) might not be the same, but i think the hair is the same.
    Jose in KC
    L.O.B.O.S- member of the wolf pack!
    BOTSS - tallowy goodness

Quote Originally Posted by Vlad View Post
    The 'gel' tips are the holy grail of brush hairs for me. Others haven't enjoyed them, though, and prefer some scritch.
    And the "gel tips" are not being put out anymore by VB? Dang!!
    Jeff

VB can only sell what they get from Rooney, VB does not make brushes.