What's new

Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

GEM Micromatic Open Comb (the style without the bumps that keeps the blade slightly angled)
Treat Super Carbon Steel Blade
Arko
Aramis Aftershave

mswofford

Rest in Peace
Ever Ready Streamline
Gem PTFE (5)
Simpson Keyhole KH1
Biotique Bio Palmyra cream
Aqua Velva Ice Blue
$razors 043.jpg

Pulled out the Gem Feather Weight this morning and used a fresh Gem SS blade, finished it off with a nice Nivea rub.

Not quite as close as my MMBT just a hint of roughness under my jawline, but still a nice shave.

Had a chance to try a GEM Featherweight I found in the wild last Sunday, while antiquing. Used a Blue Star carbon blade, MWF and Fine Platinum A/S. I was unsure about the weight of this razor, but it gave me a great shave. Another great GEM added to the collection. I would certainly recommend this little SE to anyone.

It is an Injector razor that was made by Feather many years ago, but is no longer being made. It came out shortly after Schick and Gillette introduced their injector razors that used two blades bonded together into one blade. Gillette called theirs a Twinjector. I reviewed mine here:

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...Injector-and-Blade?highlight=feather+injector
Thanks for that interesting info. I have a son who lives in Yokohama and will ask him to look around for me.

Oh, and I used a Schick... J-1?... last night with a Schick pro platinum... I know it was Saturday, but it was my shave for Sunday ;-)

Thanks for that interesting info. I have a son who lives in Yokohama and will ask him to look around for me.

Good Luck on finding one. I have only ever seen pictures of three of them--one was on this forum, and was a different model than mine, one was on eBay and was the same as mine, and mine. Many gents have searched for them with no success. I hope your son can find one for you, as they are superb razors and blades.

Top Bottom