What's new

Single Edge Sunday - What Will You Use?

Single Edge Sunday was accomplished using an Ever Ready 1924, palm stropped Pella blade (1), Mystic Waters Lime + KMF Mint, SOC Boar
Follow up with Witch Hazel and Nivea ASB.

Ended up being a DFS, but took a bit more work than the OCMM a couple days before.

My very much user grade GEM 1912, its got a pretty handle but the chrome is worn and she loks a little 'experienced'.
It was given to me by the lady I bought my Rocket HD from and when I got it I thought this is good for nothing, it cleaned up with some baking soda and metal polish and despite the wear and dents works great.

Attachments

• $GEM 024.jpg
    $GEM 024.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 403
Single Edge Sunday was accomplished with a slightly wonky Clog-Pruf, Pella PTFE coated blade on its second outing my best yet Arko fsace lather and a vie Long 12705 horse hair. The more I use that brush the more I like it. Overall a good shave.

I used the middle one today. First shave with the C-type Schick. The loading mechanism works with this one, but you have to make sure the blades seats correctly because the old blades (which I found in the blade magazine) are noticeably thicker than the modern blades. The modern blade can move around in the head if you aren't attentive. Anyway I liked the results once I found the angle and got used to the handle.

$Schick model C_all three types.jpg

I'll try the other two over the next couple of Sundays.

I tried my Schick Type M Adjustable again today, but it just doesn't work for me. It took me many passes to scrape my beard off yesterday. Today I tried it again with a new blade. Same result. It's funny, because my Schick Type G works fine, but this particular razor doesn't.

I'm thinking for next Sunday I might use the Valet. Gives a very close shave so I might have to wait until late in the morning after coffee to ensure I'm wide awake. I have Feather blades for it and I think I'll use ARKO just to help me wake up.

We didn't have any power but this did not slow me down......

Used my 1912 and a Treet carbon blade on Single Edge Sunday..... Shaving by candle light like in the old days..

No pic though.... Too busy moving downed trees to worry about a shave of the day pic with no power.... 100 degree days..... and a LOT to do...

:a11: Valet/Feather/Arko
Nice shave if you have a gentle touch as this razor is an aggressive little beast.

Attachments

• $GEM 066.jpg
    $GEM 066.jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 345
Last edited:
I got a relatively good shave at mid-day today, using a Gem 1912, Colgate shave soap, and a Gem Blue Star blade. As happens often, the right cheek got the best shave, and still feels stubble-free. The left cheek has slight barely felt stubble now, about eight hours later.

I have nothing on my calendar for tomorrow, I may stay home all day. I'll shave if I decide to do any chores that raise a sweat, and send me into the shower, but at present, what I want to do is read a book.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
GEM CPMM
Treet Carbon
Shea Moisture Black Badger
MR. GLO
Col. Conk's Lime Glycerin / KMF Key Lime Superlather
Shulton Old Spice Fresh Lime AS

PAL adjustable injector with a Personna blade and Klar Kabinett soap. Actually got pretty good results with the PAL, it's one I don't use real often.

Top Bottom