What's new

Good morning gentlemen... I am looking for a second brush

I have been using the same brush for years. Its an Edwin Jagger Badger brush and I have always liked it. Then I found this site... and now, I want another LOL.

So, can anyone recommend a good second brush? I am on a bit of a budget so low cost would be a good thing. I would also be interested in buying used. So preferably something that is pretty common that I might get a good response to with a WTB post. But I dont really know what to specifically ask for.

I think I want to stick with badger. Right or wrong I was always told it was "better".

So, where should I start my research/hunting?

Jeff

At this point I mainly use a Simpsons Special in pure & a Berkeley in best. The Special is around $25 & the Berkeley is about $50 depending on where you look. They're both great brushes IMO.

Jeff, Give a Semogue Boar brush a try. I recomend the 1305, it makes great lather and it doesn't matter if you are a bowl, or facelatherer. It works either way, and it goes for under $20.

Clayton

I have done a little bit of reading on boar vs badger... any thoughts there? I hear boar doesnt last as long... But of course its less expensive. Thoughts?

Welcome to B&B......

Do you want a face lathering brush

OR

A bowl lathering brush

Until you tell us what you want you will get nothing but "I like/have this brush" kind of answers

Also state a price (or range). there's no point telling you about a $200 Rooney if you want to spend $35 or telling you about a $15 boar when you want to spend $100

Welcome to B&B......

Do you want a face lathering brush

OR

A bowl lathering brush

Until you tell us what you want you will get nothing but "I like/have this brush" kind of answers

Also state a price (or range). there's no point telling you about a $200 Rooney if you want to spend $35 or telling you about a $15 boar when you want to spend $100

Exactly! What do and don't you like about your EJ brush?

The Simpson Colonel, a good all around brush especially if you bowl lather, is the WCS deal of today. If the B&B discount code works on top of the deal, it's under $50.

90% of the time I use soap in a bowl. The other 10% I use a cream and face lather.

Id like to keep it around 30-40.00

90% of the time I use soap in a bowl. The other 10% I use a cream and face lather.

Id like to keep it around 30-40.00

Sounds like a job for a nice boar. I love my badgers for cream and soft soaps, but for soap in a bowl I get he best out of a nice boar. Buy an SOC and never ever look back.

The soc is is a semogue boar brush , its made with a high grade of boar bristle , once it breaks in it will be soft and great backbone to handle the soaps you prefer .Vintage scent has what I believe are the best prices here is a link http://vintagescent.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=5&products_id=113. The brush has many fans all the "cool wet shavers have one " . Here is just one of the links for brush http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...Pics-and-First-Impressions?highlight=soc+boar

If you want a boar I suggest checking out West Coast Shaving..they're having a deal going on right now that if you order a Semogue brush you get free shipping on your entire order..good chance to snag a couple of other things while you're at it.

I believe it also requires a coupon code..but I don't know it off of the top of my head.

Makes me ALMOST (almost) wish I didn't get my Omega 10086 (though I do love it) so I'd have an excuse to get a Semogue and Captain's Choice. :lol:

Well I did find a very affordable Omega 48 on the sales forum. So that may temper my curiosity about boars brushes for the time being. :)

But of course with my new found obsession...cough....er... uh.. hobby... there is always room for more!

Top Bottom