What's new

Costco deal on JW Blue

JW Blue is a classic "flashy" gift, especially at christmas. I've seen it frequently given as a business gift to particularly valuable customers. That's how I ended up with a bottle of it. If any of our members do this or would want to this would be a great opportunity to lay in several bottles and then gift them later. Seems average price is usually between $175-$200.

I find the blue to be an excellent whisky. I wouldn't pay $200/bottle, nor would I pay $122. But that's as much because I'm still relatively inexperienced with scotch and would rather spend that on a bottle of something I've never tried before as it is a judgment of the value of the product. Thanks for letting us know!

Agreed.
My personal limit is the $50-$60 range for personal consumption.
$25 if it's going to a party unless I retain control of the flask :wink:

Agreed.
My personal limit is the $50-$60 range for personal consumption.
$25 if it's going to a party unless I retain control of the flask :wink:

Some excellent choices are available in that range. That's about where I reside, too. I sometimes go higher on a bottle to keep around for special occasions, but otherwise most of my regulars (scotches) are in the $50-$65 range.

That interesting an $88 discount is pretty good. Blue Label is nice to have around for that special occasion otherwise it's just to much to drink on regular basis when I can spend $50-60 and get an 18 year old Glenlevit. All things considered in the wide world of liquor and wine's $200 dollars isn't all that bad. A local liquor and cigar shop by my place has a $8000 bottle of cognac for sale they claim the current market value is $12000.

Top Bottom