What's new

Aftershave bottles

Three friends at work got together and purchased a bottle of Floid Blue to try out and when it gets here we need to split it four ways. Does anyone have some ideas of different bottles/containers that can be used to transfer the cargo that can also be used as an appropriate daily dispenser?

Thanks,
Scott

I have been trying to think of something for aftershave as well for my den. Lately I have thinking about getting some glass oil/vinegar set like from Bed, Bath, Beyond. Just dont know if the aftershave will lose potency because air will be getting to it.

If you are just wanting something temp. I purchased a couple of plastic bottles in the travel section of target for a buck a piece. They have a screw top lid on top of a squeezable cap/plug.

Look at hot sauce bottles. I have most of the Clubman aftershaves in Trappeys bottles. I go through that sauce reasonably quickly, so the bottles are effectively free. And right now my witch hazel is in a Crystal bottle.

The 4711 aftershave bottle is also nice.

As an earlier poster suggested hot sauce bottles.They can be found in a variety of sizes and shapes,some with shaker tops,some without.Right now I have a/s in Crystal,Texas Pete,Franks,Trappeys and witch hazel hair tonic in a Bull bottle.

As an earlier poster suggested hot sauce bottles.They can be found in a variety of sizes and shapes,some with shaker tops,some without.Right now I have a/s in Crystal,Texas Pete,Franks,Trappeys and witch hazel hair tonic in a Bull bottle.

+3 on that. That's what I'm using ... just give them a good soaking and washing out with hot water, Real Lemon Juice and dish soap. The Real Lemon removes any traces of hot sauce very well...and bottles of Crystals are cheap.

There's a place called Specialty Bottle Co that sells hot sauce bottles tops and plastic drip inserts
http://www.specialtybottle.com/saucebottlesmi.aspx

I'm not so good with the linky but that's the place

I use the 5 oz version with the drip cap to dispense my Clubman and have also transfered the Clubman label from the original plastic bottle to the sauce bottle. I also use the 1.7 oz version for a travel bottle of Clubman. Unfortunately the 1.7 oz bottle doesn't have the drip cap. I printed a shrunk down version of the Clubman label and glued it to the 1.7 oz bottle. I believe I found the Clubman graphics on B&B and I think there might be other brands if you want to create correct labels for your decanter bottles.

cfender I got lucky on the Clubman Classic Vanilla and the M&L Kananga Water,those labels just slid right off.Thats a great idea for the graphic's, I've just been hand writing the labels but it's not quite the same.I think The Veg is a lil pissed that he doesn't have a real label :lol:

I'm a little late on this thread, but if you like the old-timey look, check around the internet for empty apothecary bottles. I really like the look of the dark amber, I think they're called Boston round style (or something like that), with a cork stopper. Should be able to get one for about $5, or a set for around $10. A small price to pay for aesthetics, especially since the wife likes to hide whatever looks unappealing sitting on the counter.

I'm tempted to go to the arts and crafts store for some sepia-looking card stock to make a label with. Make it look like a 1900s tonic bottle... I just have to be careful. Make it look too good and she'll put it on display in the living room and I really won't be able to find it.

I'm a little late on this thread, but if you like the old-timey look, check around the internet for empty apothecary bottles. I really like the look of the dark amber, I think they're called Boston round style (or something like that), with a cork stopper. Should be able to get one for about $5, or a set for around $10. A small price to pay for aesthetics, especially since the wife likes to hide whatever looks unappealing sitting on the counter.

I'm tempted to go to the arts and crafts store for some sepia-looking card stock to make a label with. Make it look like a 1900s tonic bottle... I just have to be careful. Make it look too good and she'll put it on display in the living room and I really won't be able to find it.
:lol:

Top Bottom