What's new

Military-style Hair Brushes

I'm looking to buy one for my travel kit. I've used one of two Vidal Sassoon paddle brushes for literally decades. I'm assuming both are natural boar with one being stiffer than the other.
I picked up a couple of military brushes from Sally's Beauty Supply Memorial Day weekend for $1.50 each. I find the oval shape to be preferable to the rectangular shape. For $1.50, they are surprisingly decent brushes... but I'm looking for a brush with the amount of and stiffness of the bristles in my better VS brush.
Looking at the Kent MG2 brush, it looks like it's the right shape and size as what I want. Having said that, I'm wondering about the pack / number of bristles it has. Looks like they are spread out somewhat more than my VS brushes. And, how stiff are they?

I am NOT looking to spend $100 on a hair brush for a travel kit fwiw.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Is the MG2 from Kent a good buy at $25.00? Any alternatives without going cost crazy?

I have a Kent MG2 and love it. The bristles are very stiff, for me they took a little getting used to. It's a high quality product, for sure. I wouldn't worry too much about bristle spacing, the firmness of the bristle pack should make up for any extra spacing. The wood handle is a joy to look at but seems a little large in my hands. The wood grain is a thing of beauty and nice to the touch. I'm pleased with mine (can you tell?). And $25 sounds like a good price, I think I paid in the low thirties for mine about a year ago.

The MG2 is incredible. I can't believe the effect it has had on my hair. I need very little (if any) product, and my hair is thicker and shinier. It goes with me very where when I travel and takes up little space.

I'm sold. Just ordered one. Hopefully it will be here before vacation in mid-July as it's coming from Great Britain.
Thanks to both of you for encouraging me to spend more money!:lol:

I picked up a military style brush a few years ago when Edwin Jagger (The English Shave Company) was private labeling the Kent brushes. Too good a deal to pass up at the time during their annual sale. The white bristle brush has been a great brush for a hairline that's receding and fine hair. Not as stiff as the black bristle brush but firm enough to provide a good message to the scalp. Kent combs are just as good a value.

Top Bottom