Thread: Barbiere di Figaro - New Tcheon Fung Sing Soaps, also as refill

Default Barbiere di Figaro - New Tcheon Fung Sing Soaps, also as refill

Hi All,

I thought that I'd better start a new thread about the new soaps we will receive from June 15th.

The soaps most of you already know, will come with more intense aroma (TFS Bergamotto Neroli, TFS Tabacco Verde, TFS Sandalo Boise). Another soap we already had was the TFS Cuore di Lavanda, which is best suited for sensitive skin, due to the hazelnut oil. But besides these four, we will offer four new scents:

TFS "Freschezza Polare", a new fresh scent, based on eucalypt and "green herbs".

Name:  TFS FP 100ml luxury + refill.jpg
Views: 933
Size:  32.5 KB

TFS "Cannella e Arancia Amaro", with cinnamon and bitter orange, a whole new scent, that may give you a nice shave, even with a light sunburn.

Name:  TFS CAM 100 + Refill.jpg
Views: 899
Size:  31.0 KB

TFS "Mandarino e Spezie", with Mandarin and spicy scents.

Name:  TFS MS 100ml luxury + refill.jpg
Views: 908
Size:  33.4 KB

And the TFS "Zagara e Gelsomino", with the scent of Orange blossom and Jasmin.

Name:  TFS ZG 100 ml + refill.jpg
Views: 936
Size:  33.0 KB

All the pictures are of the luxury jar and the totally new refill. The refills come at lower prices and are just the soaps (100 ml) in a convenient plastic container.

We do have a special offer for the combined purchase of a luxury jar and the refill together, where the price of the refill is reduced by 40% ($ 3.75 to $ 4.10 after discount, without VAT) This is also available for those that bought a luxury jar (100 or 150 ml) before. (please indicate on your order, the discount will be applied on the invoice. It is not calculated on the site). The offer for the combined luxury jar + Refill or the reduced price of the refill will last until June 30th.
    Basically, we now will have 8 TFS scents, all availabale in luxury jar, luxury jar + refill and just the refill. Whenever it's not clear, just give us a PM here or a mail directly.

Also available from June 15th will be the new and heavier TFS BN sapone dure, that now weighs (about) 125 grams. The scent of this hard soap is also more intense than the previous ones.

Name:  TFS BN Dure intenso 125.jpg
Views: 947
Size:  38.2 KB

Please use Euros during checkout! The US$ vs Euro-conversion is now at 1,25. The VAT is at 19%, so prices in Euro are actually not that far from the price in US$ after VAT-deduction.

I hope the new scents appeal to you and please feel welcome to get more info on our site! Direct Link to the TFS-products: http://www.barbieredifigaro.nl/index...word2=&lang=en

Thanks,

Eric
    www.barbieredifigaro.nl - Tcheon Fung Sing / BdF Soaps, your best choice

Images

That's an interesting addition to the TFS line, Eric.
    Well done.

I think I have had the pleasure of trying a sample of the Cannella e Arancia Amaro and I must say that it is a good scent, and unique.

I also appreciate your offer on the refills being discounted for those who bought the jars before.
    Nice!
    Have a nice day! - Wim

Excellent and nicely condensed information here. That orange blossom & jasmine is definitely on my radar. Mandarin too. Great write up Eric. Thank you.
    Be well. Mind, body & soul.

Eric,

Will the TFS hard soap also be offered in Tobacco Verde. I was looking at your site and, well, I got a bit confused.

If not, I hope you can convince them to create that also. Some of us really prefer the hard soaps.
    To avoid being a perpetual lurker, I'm no longer always searching first...

Quote Originally Posted by OhMeWhiskers View Post
    Eric,

Will the TFS hard soap also be offered in Tobacco Verde. I was looking at your site and, well, I got a bit confused.

If not, I hope you can convince them to create that also. Some of us really prefer the hard soaps.
    Thanks for asking OhMeWhiskers,

Sorry you got a bit confused. We have been adding many products to the TFS-page, but basically we now have 8 scents and of each scent the 100 ml luxury jar and the 100 ml refill. We have until June 30 also the combination of the luxury jar + refill with an extra discount for the refill of 40%. We also do that offer too for those that bought the luxury jars in the past.

Of the TFS BN and TV, we have the 150ml luxury jars too and ofcourse the hard soap. We will now only receive a limited number of the hard soaps in the (more intense) Bergamotto Neroli-version.

I have spoken about your request before with TFS. I hope that in the future, all 8 scents will be available as hard soap, and I agree with you that it would make sense to start with the Tabacco Verde. That they haven't already done that is only because they have been busy with other things like the refills

Please realise that these are not rock solid hard soaps, as was discussed and described in another thread. http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthr...ht=tfs+bn+dure

Bye,

Eric

Thanks for the info. I'll be reading that link to the other thread tonight.

I'll keep an eye on your website and this thread. I already have a list of items I want to get from your website (you have some great stuff that is not easy to find) so I am looking forward to placing an order.
    To avoid being a perpetual lurker, I'm no longer always searching first...

Default New products for June

We have almost received all the new TFS-soaps and refills and will start getting the pre-orders together and out to the post-office.

Meanwhile, we got some new blades, that I think were only available in Italy until recently. They come in packs of three and are mostly used by Italian barbieri. One brand is Morris and the name of the other is not what I would have thought of when picking a name for a very sharp blade, but it's called "Softi".

To add, we have some other accessories like a stick per barba (Alum stick) and a cheaper version of the alum block round without logo.

Also, for those interested in a real Dutch shaving soap, we have reduced our "De Vergulde Hand" prices.

And from next week, we will also have the all new all vintage-look barberstyle Proraso pre e dopo 300 ml.

And, to add to all the goodies and new things, also a product that is no longer made: the Irisch Moos sticks. http://www.barbieredifigaro.nl/index...emid=5&lang=en

(all pictures will link you to our site)

Name:  Scheermesjes Softi 3.jpg
Views: 671
Size:  54.9 KB

Name:  Scheermesjes Morris 3.jpg
Views: 681
Size:  71.9 KB

Name:  Stick per barba1.jpg
Views: 684
Size:  23.3 KB

Name:  Proraso pre e dopo 300ml.jpg
Views: 778
Size:  37.0 KB

We still have very limited supplies of the old Proraso pre e dopo 100 and 500ml and for thise who don't want to be without the old formula, also the 500ml shaving cream in the old tube.

Name:  VGH_Scheerzeep tablet.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  54.5 KB

This one, De Vergulde Hand "Scheertablet" is a hard soap of 75 ml. that now also is available in an "Extra fresh" version.

Thanks,

Eric
    Last edited by Barbiere di Figaro; 06-14-2012 at 03:24 PM. Reason: added IM

Are the new scents (specifically the Freschezza Polare) intense or light?

Quote Originally Posted by ayodh View Post
    Are the new scents (specifically the Freschezza Polare) intense or light?
    Hi,

Thanks for asking and giving me the opportunity to explain.

All the TFS-scents are now more intense than before. This does not neccessarily mean that the scent is very intense, it just has more of the typical scent than it had before. For instance the Sandalo Boise, that according to some had not a very intense sandalwood scent, should have now a more noticeable scent. That is also with the TFS Bergamotto Neroli, the TFS Tabacco Verde and the TFS Zagara e Gelsomino.

Then to the new scents, there is no comparison to how they were before, as we didn't have them or because they are completely new.

The Freschezza Polare has eucalypt oil and "green herbs" as base scents. It is therefore a totally different scent than the others and certainly fresher. Compared to the sample I had, the scent is supposed to be even fresher. We will get them tomorrow or Tuesday and I will certainly use that one the same day.

Getting back to your question: Although ymmv, I would not categorize any of the TFS scents as being very intense. The extra intensity they now have is something I personally like, especially in the Tabacco verde and the Bergamotto Neroli.

Bye,

Eric

We received some "family-size" Tabac after shaves yesterday. The 300 ml version!

Name:  Tabac_aftershave_4fe5bb8f5a5dd.jpg
Views: 586
Size:  148.5 KB

Also restocked the Speick AS and shaving cream.
    Name:  After_Shave_Spei_4fdccb0373fef.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  86.4 KB

http://www.barbieredifigaro.nl/index...rd1=&keyword2=

Have a nice weekend!

Eric