What's new

Weber DLC Razor - Is This The Mildest Razor on The Market?

Update 3 - Today I did a comparison shave between the Weber DLC and Feather blade to my Merkur 333C and Gillette Super Thin blade. Instead of using the very slippery Trumpers shaving cream (my personal favourite) I used something more standard, namely Cade soap from a puck.

The results this time were quite comparable.

Perhaps the Weber DLC just doesn't go well with Trumpers cream.
Regards,
Renato

Update 3 - Today I did a comparison shave between the Weber DLC and Feather blade to my Merkur 333C and Gillette Super Thin blade. Instead of using the very slippery Trumpers shaving cream (my personal favourite) I used something more standard, namely Cade soap from a puck.

The results this time were quite comparable.

Perhaps the Weber DLC just doesn't go well with Trumpers cream.
Regards,
Renato

Interesting results, I wonder why you got such a differing result.

Interesting results, I wonder why you got such a differing result.

It has me stumped - Trumpers has worked extremely well with every other razor.

My next step will be to do comparison shaves between the Weber and another razor with soaps I don't think work well on me - Arko Regular Cream is at the top of my list. If it works well with that, I'll have an idea why the Weber is popular.
Cheers,
Renato

Last edited:
Today I used the Weber DLC and Feather blade with my worst shaving cream - Arko Regular.When I'd used that cream previously with a Gillette SuperSpeed and Super Thin blade, I'd gotten 6 or 7 nicks, two of which wouldn't stop bleeding for quite a while.

The Weber DLC worked well with the Arko, and I only got one very minor nick.

My conclusion so far, with the Weber DLC I can use soaps that are otherwise lousy on me when used with other razors, but the Weber doesn't respond well when used with my most slippery shaving cream.
Regards,
Renato

Top Bottom