What's new

Williams no-go, alternatives?

The Williams shaving soap I've tried the last few weeks just isn't doing it. So, what are your recommendations for alternatives? Thanks!

Do you have specific conditions you are looking to meet (cost, local availability, ingredients, etc) to narrow down the selection?
In terms of a great preforming, cost effective soaps I have had really good luck with Razor rock and of course arko. Both of those get lots of attention on this board and that it what drew me to them ( arko is also available locally). There are lots of great products out there to try.

Van der Hagen is an affordable option. Their luxury soap is really good for $4. Available at target or Walgreens. If you want to spend a little more and shop online I highly recommend art of shaving, proraso, haslinger, and especially tabac.

If you want cheap...VDH Deluxe...Wal-Mart around $1.59 and not bad.

Agreed. Also at Kroger. For creams you can find CO Bigelow at Bath and Bodyworks and Kiss My Face at many natural food stores such as Whole Foods.

According to the consensus on the forum regarding Williams, even toothpaste would do :) But really, near that price point, try the VDH luxury.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
If you want cheap...VDH Deluxe...Wal-Mart around $1.59 and not bad.
Dave:
proxy.php
...and it's my one & only 'go-to' soap. :thumbsup:

In terms of performance...it's a awesome soap; great lather, lubercation, cushion and glide. It's hypo-allergenic and contains 40% moisturizers, including Aloe Vera & Shea Butter with no animal products and no harsh chemicals to irritate my sensitive skin. Plus I add about 6-8 drops of glycerine per puck before I melt it (nuke), for extra lubercation, cushion and glide .

http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/s...&title=-van-der-hagen-delux-shave-soap&cat=40

proxy.php
“Laughter is the [shaving soap]...that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart”. Mort Walker

Do you have specific conditions you are looking to meet (cost, local availability, ingredients, etc) to narrow down the selection?
In terms of a great preforming, cost effective soaps I have had really good luck with Razor rock and of course arko. Both of those get lots of attention on this board and that it what drew me to them ( arko is also available locally). There are lots of great products out there to try.

I would add ARKO and CO Bigelow from Bed bath

Just shaved with VdH deluxe this morning. After shaving with DR Harris Arlington for four days (I think it's giving me a reaction..) I went to my always-on-hand pink puck.

For the price, it is hard to beat.

Dave:
proxy.php
...and it's my one & only 'go-to' soap. :thumbsup:

In terms of performance...it's a awesome soap; great lather, lubercation, cushion and glide. It's hypo-allergenic and contains 40% moisturizers, including Aloe Vera & Shea Butter with no animal products and no harsh chemicals to irritate my sensitive skin. Plus I add about 6-8 drops of glycerine per puck before I melt it (nuke), for extra lubercation, cushion and glide .

http://badgerandblade.com/reviews/s...&title=-van-der-hagen-delux-shave-soap&cat=40

proxy.php
“Laughter is the [shaving soap]...that sweeps away the cobwebs of your heart”. Mort Walker

+1 ... and thank you Count for your added info about the glycerine drops & nuking for extra benefits ... I must try this!

Not to be too snarky, but this entire forum is dedicated to discussing the ins and outs of every shave soap under the sun.
There are hundreds if not thousands of produce reviews here, you're going to have to do a bit of legwork yourself first.

hit up Gary's sample shop and the Shave Den store, buy some samples, then you can tell what stuff you like without having to spend a whole lot. I also recommend honeybee shave soaps, they run about $3-$4 a puck, come in a large variety of scents and are easy to lather. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Top Bottom