What's new

Gillette Sheraton Safety Razor - Open Comb

I picked up one of these at an Antique Store for a little over 15 Bucks.

It had the case and a pack of blades. I was happy that I got it for such a great price.

It was a little dirty, had a lot of plate loss but, cleaned up nicely.

I shaved with it and was very happy.

As a Member of the BOTOC, I have been looking for Open Comb Razors.

And this one is Great.

Each Shave with 4 passes produces a BBS with a cheap blade.

So stop off at your local Antique Store to see if you can find any treasures as it does happen.

I bought one last year on the BST but traded it because I thought it was to mild. Wish I would have kept it though, did not realize they were that rare. Yes they are a very nice TTO OC Razor and you got an excellent find there, congrats.

Got a great deal there, S.R.U.
I have it's nickel-plated twin, the Senator, and use it quite regularly.
Apart from the handle size, very similar or identical shave to the 1930s OC Aristocrat.

I bought one last year on the BST but traded it because I thought it was to mild. Wish I would have kept it though, did not realize they were that rare. Yes they are a very nice TTO OC Razor and you got an excellent find there, congrats.
I bet the guy you traded it with wont part with it :eek:/

I use a Sheraton that my wife found when she was cleaning up a house her brother just bought (along with an H2 Slim Adjustable). A great shave and wouldn't part with it. I think you'll be very happy with yours.

This is one of those great razors that make you scratch your head and wonder why Gillette stopped making them????????????????????????????

Eventually when I get a better computer and learn how to take some picks I will post them.

All of my other razors I got off the bay.

But, I went out of town and went into several stores and found the Sheraton.

Now I live in Southern California so there are tons of people around here but, I went to a small town with my family to look at some Old Time Trains.

While I was there I went to 4 Antique Shops - One had an old Straight that was worn out from honing and they wanted 15 bucks, another had two open comb razors and a couple of handles for 4 bucks for each item (The open comb razors were no brand names and were cheaply made and the handles did not match the razors), the other handles looked like Gem Handels, another store had nothing. But, one store had only the Sheraton for 14 Bucks and with tax it was a little over 15 Dollars.

Down the road I will post some picks but, I wanted to make my first post.

It is a very nice open comb razor.

Eventually when I get a better computer and learn how to take some picks I will post them.

All of my other razors I got off the bay.

But, I went out of town and went into several stores and found the Sheraton.

Now I live in Southern California so there are tons of people around here but, I went to a small town with my family to look at some Old Time Trains.

While I was there I went to 4 Antique Shops - One had an old Straight that was worn out from honing and they wanted 15 bucks, another had two open comb razors and a couple of handles for 4 bucks for each item (The open comb razors were no brand names and were cheaply made and the handles did not match the razors), the other handles looked like Gem Handels, another store had nothing. But, one store had only the Sheraton for 14 Bucks and with tax it was a little over 15 Dollars.

Down the road I will post some picks but, I wanted to make my first post.

It is a very nice open comb razor.
try telling Spotz that

Attachments

• $e5297d97-7de4-44c0-8d78-33a0aac90773 - Copy.gif
    $e5297d97-7de4-44c0-8d78-33a0aac90773 - Copy.gif
    446.3 KB · Views: 340
How does that open comb Sheraton compare to one of the "new" open comb Gillette 3-pieces? I thought I'd really like the shave on the open comb, but apparently my skin likes the less aggressive later model techs the most. Was pretty disappointed, because I thought the feeling of the open comb against my face was kind of massaging.

I picked up one of these at an Antique Store for a little over 15 Bucks.

It had the case and a pack of blades. I was happy that I got it for such a great price.

It was a little dirty, had a lot of plate loss but, cleaned up nicely.

I shaved with it and was very happy.

As a Member of the BOTOC, I have been looking for Open Comb Razors.

And this one is Great.

Each Shave with 4 passes produces a BBS with a cheap blade.

So stop off at your local Antique Store to see if you can find any treasures as it does happen.

I was going to tell you to make with the pics but it looks like Alex beat me to it :) .
I always love antique shops,I come up bupkiss a lot but every so often you score.
My Sheraton,Red Tip and the Fat Boy I gave my brother as his "starter" DE all came from the same local antique mall a week apart for about 11.00/12.00 each.

Misterelie
My Sheraton is a little out of whack with favoring one edge over the other so one side is very aggressive and the other side is very tame but averaging both sides out I'd say it's no more aggressive than a NEW.

Top Bottom