What's new

Ern Wald-Solingen straight looking to be honed by a pro...suggestions

Thanks for Phil (luvmysuper), I have an Ern Wald-Solingen straight round point 4/8 or 5/8 in the mail. Since I am brand new to straight razors, he suggested I get this one professionally honed. He said I could probably get some recommendations from you straight razor experts. I'm in Greenville, SC...not sure if anyone knows anyone local here, but if not I'm fine with mailing it out.
What else do you recommend for newbies? I'm not sure if I should buy all the gear, or just try the razor first to see if I like it. Suggestions please! Thank you.

Last edited:
Send it to me, I'll hone it for ya. You pay for shipping both ways. PM me if interested.

Greenville, eh? I'm in Columbia. If you want to make it down here I'll sit with you, hone it up, show you to shave and get you a set of lapping films to get your on your way should it need a touch up. I don't have any strops...gave those all away, but I'd pick one up from whippeddog as suggested. I'm no honing pro but I'll get you shaving. Just a thought for a "local" suggestion.

Greenville, eh? I'm in Columbia. If you want to make it down here I'll sit with you, hone it up, show you to shave and get you a set of lapping films to get your on your way should it need a touch up. I don't have any strops...gave those all away, but I'd pick one up from whippeddog as suggested. I'm no honing pro but I'll get you shaving. Just a thought for a "local" suggestion.

Nice offer Rick.

I don't know if I am supposed to be talking to you because of your avatar but I would take Rick up on his offer, it is very generous. If I was near you I would set you up with a nice piece of concrete to hone it up on. :lol:

I don't know if I am supposed to be talking to you because of your avatar but I would take Rick up on his offer, it is very generous. If I was near you I would set you up with a nice piece of concrete to hone it up on. :lol:

LOL...I'm one of the few Cub fans that do not hate the Cardinals. Believe it or not, I actually thinks the Cards have one of the best organizations in pro-sports. I am a hater of the Brewers. Anyhow I send a PM to Wid...I'm going to see what he can do for me.

Thanks for the offer, I'm not planning to be in Columbia for quite a while. I'm going to sent it to Wid and I'll post pics when I get it back.

LOL...I'm one of the few Cub fans that do not hate the Cardinals. Believe it or not, I actually thinks the Cards have one of the best organizations in pro-sports. I am a hater of the Brewers. Anyhow I send a PM to Wid...I'm going to see what he can do for me.

Okay I can live with that. It is a mutual hate for the Brewers.

Top Bottom