What's new

Nova316 Straight Razor Adventure

After finally getting it passed HHT I am now able to kinda shave, its not the smoothest or the cleanest so back to the stropping and touching up.

But it is moving up in the world of shavability!

also CBJ no sharpen straight doesn't equal straight. Took a nice notch out of my cheek, also having suprisingly difficult time with my chin

After finally getting it passed HHT I am now able to kinda shave, its not the smoothest or the cleanest so back to the stropping and touching up.

But it is moving up in the world of shavability!

also CBJ no sharpen straight doesn't equal straight. Took a nice notch out of my cheek, also having suprisingly difficult time with my chin

Chins take time

Thanks Alfredo I'll keep working at it but its tricking cause the big change of angle. Usually give myself a nice straight like cut by tilting the straight to early. Even with short strokes

I've noticed that lots of people have goatee's haha I see why it makes life easier haha

Thanks Alfredo I'll keep working at it but its tricking cause the big change of angle. Usually give myself a nice straight like cut by tilting the straight to early. Even with short strokes

I've noticed that lots of people have goatee's haha I see why it makes life easier haha

I am clean shaven, but IMO chins are the hardest.

Sorry about that David!

I have been able to shave the shin by going at it from different angles till a small patch is left
A sharp straight sure helps a lot now that I am stropping correctly and te very light touch up on lapping film I am back in business had a wonderful 2-pass DFS shave but still needed my EJ89 for touchups

In time it will come to me, starting to learn to hone on my DMT/1k Norton/Coti
So we will see where it goes from there, I fear lapping film might still be easier. We will see when I get sometime this weekend to practice

Also first big injury was via a CJB with a feather pro blade, dug right in and left a small flap of skin. Much easier to shave with a straight then a CJB/feather, I think the sharpness is just to sharp for me!

Been using Davids honed razor and its working quite well, my stropping has vastly improved but my honing ability is still next to none. I need to work on this quite a bit more.
Been trying to shave hair using the 1k but the dilcot method seems to be more viable as I can shave hair off but no HHT after I use the Coti

I bought a Slurry stone and that has helped a lot

the CJB has been collecting dust as I am enjoying the Boker King Cutter quite a bit, can get DFS but still need a DE to get BBS

Top Bottom