What's new

Rhodium Re-plated Fatboy

that is a great looking fat boy,the other week i picked up what i thought was a rocket flair tip, it was in such a state with filth,it was hard to tell, cleaned and polished and i think it may be a tv special with rhodium plated handle, i though the tv special was a usa only gillette, the handle on this thing is damned shiny, i did not even have to polish the handle some cif foam was enough.

Does anyone know if replating hurts the value from a collectors point of view? As with anything else, I'm sure there are some that want original and some that don't care but generally speaking is it cost effective to have a Fat Boy replated just for resale value? I have an extra kicking around that I'm looking to sell to buy more! :)

From what I understand relating with hopes of making money on resale isn't the way to go. 1) anyone looking for a collector piece probably wants it original 2) the demand isn't really there to Mae back what you spent on the replate job. I know most people replate for personal reasons.

Top Bottom