What's new

Does the Star 1912 Shave Any Differently Than the Gem 1912?

I put a minimum bid on this as a lark (I don't need anymore razors) because I didn't have a Star brand razor and I like my 1912s in general.

I know that within the 1912 line there are some minor variations in cap curvature and blade exposure, so I figure it's safe to assume it may shave a bit differently than my Gem Triumph 1912 or my Gem Junior, from the picture it looks like the cover is flat like my Junior.

Does any one have one of these and can tell me what to expect?

Last edited:
I've got a couple of the Star branded 1912's and can't tell any difference between them and their Gem and Ever-Ready counterparts. Since they all came out of the same plant in Brooklyn they should be the same. Nice razor, by the way.

I've got a couple of the Star branded 1912's and can't tell any difference between them and their Gem and Ever-Ready counterparts. Since they all came out of the same plant in Brooklyn they should be the same. Nice razor, by the way.

Totally agree with this- thing is they are cheap as dirt on the bay!

kinda of a funny idea..chinese made Mach3 razor knockoff vs Gillette mach3 brand..same razor..different maker..slightly different builds

I realize this is an old post but, I've been gone quite a while and I decided to put in my two cents worth anyway . . . "Better late than never".

I have dozens of 1912's with the various brand names on them but, assuming the same style handle, they all seem to perform the same. Some 1912's such as those with the fat plastic handle will feel a little different due only to the angle you tend to hold it at because of the feel of the handle. With a little familiarizing, even these should be able to shave the same as any other 1912. They all should give you an outstanding shave once you have mastered the angle at which to hold it.

Regards,
Tom

Last edited:
Top Bottom