What's new

Mike's Natural Soap

Here is my little review I posted elsewhere,

After 3yrs of nearly daily MWF use, I have used MWF twice in nearly three weeks. That's right, TWICE!!!
Mike's soap (I have mint/rosemary and pine/cedar, unscented and lime) are absolutely, positively the most outstanding soap I have ever used (which is about 50 soaps over 4yrs).
The soap requires a non-dry brush (but not anything close to Marco Method wet)...just don't shake/squeeze all the water out.
Give it about 20 seconds of loading and you will get this really thick, gooey proto-lather. Add water as you lather it up and very quickly it will generate a fantastic, thick, slick lather.
The skin goodies (kokum butter, lanolin and other oils) will leave your skin feeling great! MWF still, for some strange reason, leaves the skin a bit more "supple" but given we are not girls, moisturised and soft is more than enough :001_tongu

Not sure what else I can say about the soap but if it can de-throne MWF after 3yrs, you know it's good stuff!!!

Get some...Get some NOW! :thumbup:

just buy one of the in-stock scents. They're all great!

Or, if you're willing to wait a bit, order whatever you want and Mike will get it to you pronto as soon as he can fill the order. I had to wait a couple of days for one of my two tins. Trust me, it's worth the wait.

Supposedly some scents should be back in stock in a week or so. I can't wait, I have plenty but want to place another order for some I haven't tried, like the Bay Rum!

Shaved with the mint/rosemary again today. Awesome shave, especially for a day when the high is supposed to be 92 degrees.

And if you are waiting for soaps to be back in stock, just email mike and he will let you know when they are ready. When I ordered my samples, he emailed me right away to tell me one of them was out. Took two days to get it back in stock.....pretty awesome service.

I just got my order, super fast shipping (ordered late Sunday, arrived on Wednesday. Brooklyn to Oregon), also came with an extra sample, good sized, i imagine i'll get several shaves from each sample chunk. The first thing i noticed is that his soaps smell just like advertised. You want orange, you got orange. You want lemongrass, it smells just like lemongrass. This is a good thing, i have plenty of soaps with subtle scents you can barely pick up. Not with Mike's soap, in your face scent. I like all the scent's i have. The barbershop is not what i expected but i like it, more floral than traditional warm sandlewoodsy scent i expected. I will give it a later tommorow and give a review on that side. Thank's mike.

Got my samples today, thanks Mike, great delivery to Ireland. I really want to eat the Rosemary and Peppermint, very mouthwatering smell, like it would be perfect inside a bit of chocolate..:huh:

Pine and Cedarwood is so crisp, Rose and Cedarwood more delicate but not underwhelming. Can't wait to try them all. What is the Barbershop freagrance made of btw?

What is the Barbershop freagrance made of btw?

It's made of pure gold. Seriously, it smells great and should be one that you add to your repertoire. I know I'll be getting a full sized bar of the barbershop at least when I finally work my way through all of the samples.

Yes it smells great but is the more cologne type smell or perfume type smell than the rest, which are very natural combinations. I will try them all and place orders for my favourites.

I was a little disappointed in the strength of the Pine and cedarwood when whiffing the puck upon arrival. However, I finally had a shave with it, and I found that the scent bloomed quite nicely once whipped up and lathered around my face. Disappointed no more! Very nice.

I have used a couple samples of mike's soaps the last couple days. The most amazing thing is how close of a shave I get after the first pass. I have a couple trouble spots that I usually need to do several passes at different angle to get completely clean, but with this soap, I need two, maybe three passes to get to the same level.

Mike creates a wonderful shave soap which now has me wanting to buy some of his bath soaps as my skin can become dry especially during the winter. I think Mike is working on his Ph.D not sure if he is close to finishing or not. So when he graduates then we will need to say Dr. Mike's Natural Soaps....I hope when he graduates that is not the end of his Artisan Shave Soaps.

Mike creates a wonderful shave soap which now has me wanting to buy some of his bath soaps as my skin can become dry especially during the winter. I think Mike is working on his Ph.D not sure if he is close to finishing or not. So when he graduates then we will need to say Dr. Mike's Natural Soaps....I hope when he graduates that is not the end of his Artisan Shave Soaps.

+1

Just received Pine and Cedarwood and the new Lily of the Valley. My impressions:
Pine/Cedarwood-Intense pine scent-smells just like a fresh cut christmas tree or pine needles! When you first open the tin it's like a mini trip to the Adirondacks or Maine. The cedar is in there too, comes on a bit later. Will stash this until Fall/Winter.
Lily of The valley-scent similar to Mystic Waters LotV, perhaps a bit milder and not quite as sweet. Very floral-scent has some staying power, which I like. However is more pronounced than RR Mughetti di Bologna-from what I can remember from a test sniff at store. Same great slick lather you expect from Mike's.

I now have: Barbershop, Lime, Peppermint Rosemary, Pine Cedarwood and Lily of the Valley. I think I have all 4 seasons covered now! May add a Lavender if it comes back in stock-which is a year-rounder for me.

Last edited:
My first order is being shipped today - tin of mint/rosemary & sample of barber.

I can't wait to try them w/ all the rave reviews here. On a site where the mantra is YMMV, there's an awful lot of love going on here for this stuff.

Top Bottom