What's new

Mike's Natural Soap

I think that Mike has said that he'll have shave sticks available sometime towards the end of July.

Awesome. I hope they come with a container (hint, hint).

Maybe I'll hold off until July before purchasing. I need to work through these samples anyhow.

I posted this tip before, but it's worth repeating (IMHO). If the scent of any Mike's soap is too strong for you, combine it with Mike's Unscented in whatever proportion you choose. I've done this with Rose & Cedarwood and with Barber Shop, and it works beautifully.

Just ordered a whole lot of samples bar the one with Pepper in it. I know these soaps are natural, but if there was a test of them what would the chemicals be in the final product? Is there residual Sodium Hydroxide or does the Tallow reaction use it all up?

Last edited:
Just thought I would share this- As I was shaving this morning my 8 yr old son walks in the bathroom to watch. He keeps walking over and smelling the Lemon & Eucalyptus soap I was using and each time he did he got a big smile on his face. So I asked him if he liked the scent and he said "Yes, what is this stuff called?" I told him it was called Lemon & Eucalyptus and he said they should change the name. He said " They should call it Fruit Loops because it smells just like the cereal". I've been going back all day and smelling the soap and damn if it doesn't smell like Fruit Loops to me now too! YMMV

Out of the mouths of babes. Funny how they figure out what some stuff really smells like. That's funny Jay. Cute story.

Had my first shave with Mike's today. Peppermint and Rosemary. What a great soap! Slick, cushiony goodness all the way. I also bought bars of the Orange/Cedarwood/Pepper, and the Pine/Cedarwood. Plus, I got some samples of the other scents. I still have samples of Queen Charlotte to go through. I sense some sort of face-off coming. Should be fun.

Just thought I would share this- As I was shaving this morning my 8 yr old son walks in the bathroom to watch. He keeps walking over and smelling the Lemon & Eucalyptus soap I was using and each time he did he got a big smile on his face. So I asked him if he liked the scent and he said "Yes, what is this stuff called?" I told him it was called Lemon & Eucalyptus and he said they should change the name. He said " They should call it Fruit Loops because it smells just like the cereal". I've been going back all day and smelling the soap and damn if it doesn't smell like Fruit Loops to me now too! YMMV

Thanks for sharing. Eventually might have to buy it to relive the childhood memories of waking up in the morning and having fruit loops before going to school.

Thanks for sharing. Eventually might have to buy it to relive the childhood memories of waking up in the morning and having fruit loops before going to school.

Alright, I admit it....I still eat Fruit Loops and other great tasting cereals...sometimes with milk, sometimes without...sometimes in the morning and sometimes in the evening and yes I have a cereal rotation just like my shave soaps, creams, and razors!

Just ordered a whole lot of samples bar the one with Pepper in it. I know these soaps are natural, but if there was a test of them what would the chemicals be in the final product? Is there residual Sodium Hydroxide or does the Tallow reaction use it all up?
There is no residual sodium hydroxide. Not to worry. The reaction of the sodium hydroxide with the oils/fats is what makes soap!

You know, I'd probably like if my shaving soaps smelled like cereal.

Or bacon. How come there's no bacon shaving soap? It'd be like adding extra tallow...and smoke.

Alright, I admit it....I still eat Fruit Loops and other great tasting cereals...sometimes with milk, sometimes without...sometimes in the morning and sometimes in the evening and yes I have a cereal rotation just like my shave soaps, creams, and razors!

Got a box of Fruit Loops in the pantry right now!

Just got my samples of Mike's soap today. Awesome stuff :thumbup:

Definitely like the peppermint/rosemary. Perfect stuff for summer. The lemongrass/eucalpytus does smell like fruit loops a little, but not too much. Another good summer one. Soap lathers effortlessly and helped me mow down about 5 days worth of growth with great glide and cusion. This stuff will definitely have a home in my den.

Its been my go to every morning for a couple months now... cannot get over how good it smells (barber shop) and performs...

Top Bottom