Thread: Real Shaving Cream moisturizers

Default Real Shaving Cream moisturizers

I'm looking for an alternative moisturizer to Art of Shaving. it's great, but too pricey as I use alot. I notice RSC has a couple different types. One is anti wrinkle and other is just plain jane from what i can tell. Anyone use this stuff. I dabbed abit on my fingers at the store and seemed perhaps abit greasy. I'm happy with their shave creams.

I've been very happy with all of the creams and balm from RSC. I have the soothing AS balm, it doesn't seem too greasy to me. Before recently getting into traditional wetshaving and the accompanied acquisition disorders I used the soothing balm as my only aftershave/moisturizer for about a year or so. Good moisturizing properties without feeling too heavy, and great value!

Nivea?
    David

Real Shaving company balms are great. I use the "soothing" balm. You have to be careful with the tube to not squeeze too much on your hand. Once rubbed into your face the greasy feel is absorbed into your skin leaving it soft and hydrated.
    Bob:

Good Lather = More product + More Water + More Time lathering

Quote Originally Posted by redrako View Post
    Real Shaving company balms are great. I use the "soothing" balm. You have to be careful with the tube to not squeeze too much on your hand. Once rubbed into your face the greasy feel is absorbed into your skin leaving it soft and hydrated.
    +1

I love RSC stuff too but you should shop around for them some places jack up the price because the packaging makes the look fancy and exclusive, case in point my local super market sells them cheaper than Nivea products but the larger Pharmacy chains sell them for anything from double to triple the price.
    BOTOC Member. Procrastination:- the ability to find something better to do

Images

I have some RSC "Moisturising" balm, and it's excellent - and a small amount really does go a long way.

Nivea Sensitive is another one I like, though it's a bit runnier and more expensive.

Upstate NY between here and Great Barrington

RSC stuff is available at RiteAid Pharmacies in the USA at reasonable prices. (About $5 for 150 ml tube of "double concentrated" Shave Cream.)
    Bill, BOTOC

It's almost 10 years since the Real Shaving Company branded products were launched and I've still yet to be tempted to try them.