Thread: Tabula Rasa

DFW, TX

Default Tabula Rasa

After hearing about the "best kept secret" of the shaving world there was no way this cream would escape my grasp for long. So I reached out and grasped my mouse and ordered a tub of the Vetiver/Tangerine. I opened it immediately upon arrival on Friday and gave it a good whiff. Nice exotic scent, but not overpowering. Good start but it hat to wait until now for a lather and shave.

It whipped up a nice lather easy enough, I used a scoop that was about 1.5 almond sized with my Colonel and off we went. It's rather thick for a cream so scooping it into my bowl seemed the way to go, as opposed to the dip/swirl load.

The first pass felt a little rough with my two day old beard and a Bolzano in my EJ89 that was on use #5 but with a little extra care and that first pass done with, each subsequent pass was silky smooth. Finished off with some DR Arlington splash and I feel damn fine now.

Still only one shave but this cream does seem like a winner.
    Last edited by heybatter; 06-03-2012 at 06:09 PM.

I let mine dry a bit and use it as a soap. Its a border line soap-cream but as with the others like Cella I let the dry up a bit. The stuff is amazing but won't rebuy.

Tabula Rasa..wasn't that a failed MMO?