What's new

Speick soap/stick compared to Speick cream

I just used a nearly two year old Speick cream sampler and was completely blown away by how great it was. (Kudos to the little sampler container for not letting it dry out.) This was my first Speick product period.

To anyone out there that is familiar with both their soap and cream, is their soap quite similar to their cream? Yes, it is the same brand so they are naturally going to be somewhat similar, especially in the area of scent, but am I going to be blown away by the performance of the soap as I was with the cream?

I guess I could just buy both - another plus is that they both are not expensive products - and find out for myself. I hesitate at this though as I have enough soap and cream to last a couple of years already as they seem to grow exponentially over time.

I think the soap is slicker but the scent is the same IMO. The real pleasure is the AS splash and balm. The scent profile is the same for all four. The splash is more citrusy than the other three, which have the peppery scent. The balm is fantastic in its own right. I use it when I tear myself up on a bad shave. It'll leave your face feeling great all day. The cologne is somewhere in left field IMO. I expected a similar scent to the soap/AS's, but it's no where close. As always YMMV.

Last edited:
If you buy the Speick stick, remember that it is a hard stick and not a puck. I find with tallow based sticks that if I soak the tip (the top eighth inch or so) in water for 10-20 minutes it is much easier to apply to my whiskers and I get enough soap to fill the brush adequately. Then I take my wet but shaken out brush to my soap-loaded whiskers and lather up. If you attempt to apply the stick to your wet face without soaking you will probably have a difficult time applying enough soap to get any lather. Don't forget about your soaking stick, if it soaks more than 20 minutes or so you will have too much soap on your face and waste the stick. With a puck you accomplish the same thing by loading your wet brush on the puck.

Top Bottom