Merkur Progress 500
with Astra SP (2)
Shavemac D01 Silvertip
Jabonman Patchouli Orange SS
Edel 45 AS
Le Vainqueur EdP
Have a nice day :smile:

proxy.php

Snap with Le Vainqueur, Erwin!:001_smile How is the longevity with you, my friend? It fades very quickly for me, unlike the Francois Charles which I can still smell even after washing!:001_huh: An excellent close-up:thumbup1:

Tuesday, 12.vi.2012

Predopo Vitos
Semogue 2000
Men's Estoril Sports Line
Mühle R101
Iridium Super
Thayer's Witch Hazel Lemon
O Melhor ASB

proxy.php

The Semogue 2000 is a typical barber's brush, and very used by barbers in Portugal, specially in the northern side of the country.
The use of soaps is not widespread nowadays, not even among barbers, as soaps are not easily available here. The "Men's Estoril Sports Line" cream is very used by Portuguese barbers also - specially around Lisbon, where it is produced.
As for O Melhor, its packaging has an history - it is based on a vintage package of "powder shaving soap", produced by Confiança, that was available in the 1940's and widely used by portuguese barbers then.

Beautiful photo, Emanuel, with some very nice info that just puts the finishing touch to it!:thumbup1:

Today

Soapie Opie

proxy.php

Ingredients:
■ Bob Farvour's custom 'eagle' ■ Provence Santé Verlaine ■ DE Joris ■
■ Santa Maria Novella Melograno AS ■ Il Profumo Vetiver de Java EDT ■

Have a nice day!​

What a sublime photo, Ivan! It's adorable!:001_smile

Good Morning !
~06/12/2012~

Semogue Owners Club 2Band \\ Merkur 1904 w/ Red IP \\ 3P Pre Per E Post Barba \\ Jabonman Evolution Line: Violetas \\ Nivea Replenishing Post Shave Balm

Oh JBM Violetas... A scent that smells magnificent really makes your morning that much better. I honestly don't know why I haven't finished it off but its that good. I wish JBM made this stuff into a hardsoap. I would truly love it in soap form. Making lather from a SSoap is lot more therapeutic/calming. Its the one thing that makes Wet Shaving amazing to me. I'm sure for others its the same. Any who, today's was certified BBS. Have a wonderful day my Friends!

proxy.php

Jabonman is making a lot of appearances amongst members lately. Is it a soft soap or a cream, Balaji, and where did you buy it from? A fabulous pic as always, my friend!:thumbup1:

This morning:

- Veleiro Pre-Shave Soap
- Proraso Crema Pre & Dopo Barba
- GZD Shaving Stick
- H.L. Thäter 2-Band SRP Edition 2011
- Nadelspitzen Rasierhobel with Astra Superior Platinum (1)
- Tüff herb Rasierwasser
- The Handmade Soap Company After Shave Soothing Cream

proxy.php

Wonderful close-up, Alex!:thumbup1: What's your opinion of the GZD stick? For me it's a good performer but a little too soft for my liking in stick form.

Jabonman is making a lot of appearances amongst members lately. Is it a soft soap or a cream, Balaji, and where did you buy it from? A fabulous pic as always, my friend!:thumbup1:

Thank you very much David! I got JBM back in Jan I think. It is a very thick cream but nothing close to a croap like Razorock. It all happened very nicely actually b/c I posted something in the soap's thread requesting where I could buy this product. Later on a member posted in the thread informing me that this is Artisan soap maker in Spain on the forum foroafeitado. After he told me that, he informed Jabonman on Foroafeitado that I was interested. On that same day Jabonman made a profile here on B&B and PM'd me. From there we both used Google translator and emailed each other back and forth. It was quite an experience I have to say.

Awesome Zen-like shot, Lamb Root. Simple and beautiful.

What a sublime photo, Ivan! It's adorable!:001_smile

You guys are too kind. Thanks.
It is simple: Put the glass on the (in this case) white table. Put the shaving gear on the glass. Shoot. Apply yellow-blue filter in PP. Apply soft focus (diffusion) effect in PP. Voila.

I for instance will never understand how some people (most of you here) manage to shoot a cluttered scenario and still manage to make the setup effective and appealing. I simply couldn't do it.

Wonderful close-up, Alex!:thumbup1: What's your opinion of the GZD stick? For me it's a good performer but a little too soft for my liking in stick form.

Thank you, David. The GZD stick it's defintely too soft for a classic use. I have cut a slice and pushed into a mug. The scent is a typical love/hate thing but it is a great performer. The more I use them, the more I appreciate Turkish sticks.

12 JUNE 2012

*Tradere (very impressive for first use)
*Super Iridiums
*Semogue 1470
*Mystic Water Bay Rum
*Osma alum
*Thayers
*Unrefined Shea Butter

You are producing some superb close-ups, celestino. I loved, especially, the one with the chubby Super!:thumbup1:

Good Morning !
~06/13/2012~

Semogue 1800 \\ Merkur 1904 w/ Red IP \\ Proraso Crema Pre E Dopo Barba \\ Mystic Waters Lime SS \\ Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba

It's actually funny b/c you would think a boar shaving brush would work with just any shaving soap. But that wasn't the case for today's shave. Don't get me wrong, my shave was still great but I didn't get the lather that I wanted as always. The lather consistency that I like is thick/meringue style. I get a better lather with a badger brush for MW and I think today was the verdict. So hopefully the next time I use MW, a badger brush would be my choice for creating lather. Hopefully I'll remember lol. Have a wonderful day my friends!

proxy.php

Balaji, I have never felt comfortable using a boar with anything other than Italian soft soaps. This is not to say that boars are not suited to hard, triple-milled and other soaps, just that badgers work better for me. I am planning on using my fairly new Semogue 2000 on Martin de Candre sometime this week(prob friday), just to refresh my memory.

Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: Simpson Wee Scot
Razor: Max Sprecher
Strop: 40/60 Neil Miller Linen/Kanayama Cordovan
Soap: QCS Briar
After shave: Mennen Skin Bracer
Results: My smallest brush and my biggest razor, lovely combination :001_smile Great shave, but the point on the razor showed why I should take caution of it, three times it wanted to dig into my skin, but I managed to stop it before it drew blood. (I might have been a bit too cocky :tongue_sm)

proxy.php

Sounds like you're failing miserably with that straight, Rune. I think you need to send it to me now before you do any serious harm to yourself!:wink2::lol::lol:

Balaji, I have never felt comfortable using a boar with anything other than Italian soft soaps. This is not to say that boars are not suited to hard, triple-milled and other soaps, just that badgers work better for me. I am planning on using my fairly new Semogue 2000 on Martin de Candre sometime this week(prob friday), just to refresh my memory.

That is pretty true. Majority of my SB den are actually Semogues b/c I've always been a boar guy. I'm not putting badgers down at all b/c I got three of which I truly enjoy using for a luxurious shave in the morning. I just think certain soaps are finicky and not being consistent using the soap caused this for me. Maybe too much water lol.

Thursday

Ikea bowl ¤ #5 Silvertip ¤ Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (83)
Nivea for Men Shaving Cream ¤ Christian Dior Fahrenheit After Shave ¤ Christian Dior Fahrenheit EDT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen
:001_smile

proxy.php

Portugal 3 - 2 Denmark :crying:

And the story of the Derby continues, Soren......:001_smile I have to say that England and France holding to a 1-1 draw was a surprise to me......we should have won at least 3-0!:lol::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom