Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-Shave: Hot shower
Brush: SRP Thäter
Razor: 8/8 Maxtom
Strop: 40/60 Neil Miller Linen/Kanayama Cordovan
Soap: Martin de Candre
After shave: Knize Ten
Results: Saved a few days growth for the first shave with my new razor from Max, and of course only top notch soft and hardware. It's large and heavy, and chopped down every single trace of beard with no effort, perfectly CBS :) The razor felt great in my hands, surprisingly easy to maneuver for it's size, but I will need a few shaves to get used to that insane point. Thanks again Max!

proxy.php

What a beauty she is, Rune!:thumbup1: And yes, that point looks:w00t:

Punktal German Vintage Razor
with Punktal Blade (2)
Kaloderma Vintage Shaving Stick
Tüff unscented Herbal AS
Lohse Uralt Lavendel Vintage EdT

Have a nice day! :smile:

proxy.php

A shave with no products I have heard of, Erwin. These pics are always very intriguing to me trying to imagine them.:001_smile

Good morning friends! :001_smile

PREP: Proraso Preshave Cream
BRUSH: 26mm Thäter LE (SRP 2011), 2-band, Silvertip Badger
SOAP/CREAM: Madame Scodioli - Fiji Mermaid (The Briny Deep)
RAZOR: Dubl Duck Goldedge
STROP: Kanayama Cordovan #60000
SHAVE: 2 passes, WTG/XTG
AS: Acqua Di Parma Collezione After Shave Balm
COLOGNE: Madame Scodioli - Step Right Up (Cedar, Saffron + Vetyver)
RESULT: Clean shave

proxy.php

Have a nice day,
Béla​

Glorious, Bela!:thumbup1:

Gentlemen, this week's theme was chosen for what Marco and I knew would be a fabulous week. May we say a really big THANK YOU to all who have contributed to the SOTD over the past 7 days, and have provided such magnificent vintage B&W pics. This has to have been one of our best weeks ever in the SOTD, and not one pic has gone unnoticed. Congratulations, our friends, for all your hard work, and we look forward to the next theme starting tomorrow which is BARBERSHOP PRODUCTS.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

It was a pleasure to contribute my bit with my humble pictures. Also thanks to colleagues that such beautiful pictures have given us. I try to learn a little about them. This is still a great discovery for me.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Gentlemen, this week's theme was chosen for what Marco and I knew would be a fabulous week. May we say a really big THANK YOU to all who have contributed to the SOTD over the past 7 days, and have provided such magnificent vintage B&W pics. This has to have been one of our best weeks ever in the SOTD, and not one pic has gone unnoticed. Congratulations, our friends, for all your hard work, and we look forward to the next theme starting tomorrow which is BARBERSHOP PRODUCTS.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I totally and wholeheartedly agree. Thank you so very much, Gentlemen!

proxy.php

I know it's far from imagined in this week's proposition for barbershop products
but from my humble experience with barbershops,
many barbers use canned foams.
Well, when using foams, why not using the one that I associate with
my wet shaving beginnings :001_wub:
and enjoy very much.

Today's (very simple) setup:

Palmolive Schiuma da barba
Joris/Feather
Azzaro PH after shave.

:blushing:
Ivan, I believe this week may have been better described as curiosity week, as this week's theme is going to open up the whole personal interpretation of what a Barbershop does actually use. What you have provided, under your own thinking, is one fantastic pic for all to share. Nice one!!:001_smile:thumbup1:

proxy.php

Dr. Dittmar - Thater 4125/3 - Weber DLC - Med Prep - Myrsol Agua Balsamica - Annick Goutal Eau du Sud edt

Matt, I've tried the canvas effect whilst editing some pics recently and it has never quite come off as expected. This pic, however, has worked a treat!:thumbup1:

Thanks David,
I on the other hand envy all of you fancy straight razor owners. I think those are as 'barbershop style' as it gets.
Beautiful bright red colors BTW. My favorite.

Ivan, reading all the dreadful experiences a barbershop straight shave has given many here, perhaps these razors in those establishments should be remaining in yesteryear :w00t:

Ivan, reading all the dreadful experiences a barbershop straight shave has given many here, perhaps these razors in those establishments should be remaining in yesteryear :w00t:

Maybe, but it's the myth we care about around here! Barbershops will live forever on B&B! :001_smile

Good Morning !
~06/11/2012~

Semogue 830 \\ Merkur 1904 w/ Red IP \\ 3P Pre Per E Post Barba \\ Proraso Sapone Da Barbe: Sandalo \\ Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba

I honestly never been to a barbershop for a straight razor shave. But If I ever visited Italy, a barbershop would be my first stop for an excellent start off to a Vacay. Also with the new line of Proraso products, I would hope the barber would use Proraso Sandalo b/c its one of favorites. But If they used the everfamous Cella instead, I would still enjoy it! Have a great day my Friends!

proxy.php

Great choice of products, Balaji!:thumbup1: How do you find the New Proraso Red? For me it works fine with a DE, but not quite enough protection for straights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom