What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - June 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.
W-H-A-T A B-E-A-U-T-Y!!! Bravissimo, Balaji!!!

Thank you so much Marco! Tried some new effects and it turned out great. This is one of my fav shots i've ever posted. And your words and David are the best when it comes to flattering people :001_smile.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thank you so much Marco! Tried some new effects and it turned out great. This is one of my fav shots i've ever posted. And your words and David are the best when it comes to flattering people :001_smile.

Balaji, here in the SOTD forum I created a sticky thread called SOTD Collectors Thread where you can post your favourite shots. This one definitely deserves a spot there! Also, feel free to add all the pics you particularly like! :wink2:

:thumbup:
attachment.php
:thumbup:

(Sorry about that, Søren...) :blush:

That's OK, I would have been mocking you if the result had been the other way round :biggrin1:
But I must admit, the best team won.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Friday

Proshave Scuttle ¤ Semogue 2015 HD ¤ Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (84)
Nivea for Men Shaving Cream ¤ Nivea for Men Replenishing After Shave Balm ¤ Dolce & Gabbana The One EDT

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Just wonderful, Soren! Bravissimo!

Fantastic shot, David! And, I'm pretty sure, marvellous shave with Martin de Candre... :001_tt1:

Thank you, my friend:001_smile Today was the first time I have used a boar on a soap other than an Italian soft. Worked OK and nice to try, but I totally prefer the feel and performance of a badger with these.

Buddel | Rover in Manchurian Badger | DRH Arlington | Lucido | Xerjoff Richwood
proxy.php

What a shave! Despite the jet lag after my flight back from Japan yesterday, I finally stripped off my full week's worth of beard growth. It only took two passes to a wonderfully comfortable BBS! And I did it while debuting a few new products. First was the new Simpson Rover in Manchurian Badger:

proxy.php
proxy.php

After the first shave, I'm not 100% ready to say it was worth every penny, but it's a phenomenal little brush. It whipped up mounds of lather with the Arlington. The other new product was the Mandom Lucido after shave. I'd seen a few guys using it here on the forum in the past, and a forum member highly recommended it when we met up in Tokyo on Monday. He did not steer me wrong. It's got no fragrance, but the menthol and moisturizing properties are spot on!

Well, gentlemen, it's good to be home. Now if I could just get over this jet lag, all would be right!

Hope you had an enjoyable time, Bill(in silence with the inlaws!:wink2:), and so glad to have you back here.:001_smile I see you FINALLY got to use the Manchurian. It takes a little getting used to, this grade of hair. Not much splay yet still incredibly soft. It will perform and feel even better after a couple more uses.

Good Morning & TGIFriday !
~06/15/2012~

Semogue 2011 LE FBristle 2 (#88) \\ Merkur Progress w/ Red IP \\ 3P Pre Barba \\ Mitchell's Wool Fat \\
3P Post Barba

No need for explanation using my all time favorite shaving soap MWF! Today's shave was quite excellent and actually used the 2 in 1 product 3P as my Pre & Post shave. It work excellent as a post shave and just love the stuff. To my nose it smells like Vick's lol, but it doesn't linger where it would be the dominant smell when you use a cologne. I can see why it is quite a favorite in Italian Households. Friends, you all have an excellent day/weekend!

proxy.php

Balaji, you just keep demonstrating how talented you are with a camera:thumbup1: This is a phenomenal pic, my friend!:thumbup1:

Balaji, you just keep demonstrating how talented you are with a camera:thumbup1: This is a phenomenal pic, my friend!:thumbup1:

Thank you so much David! When you say that, it pushes me even more to see what you can get out of a picture. I enjoy colors and want it to be pleasing to viewers eyes as it is to me :tongue_sm!

Very nicely taken David! I see you used a Semogue 2000 with MdC, how was the lather for your shave today? As you mentioned earlier to Marco preference to using Badger is quite true for this soap. Just talking about it makes me want to use my Shavemac D-01 3Band or SOC 2Band with MdC for tomorrow's shave lol!

7/8 Flaschner Kalman, Full Hollow Ground, Square Point
Kanayama No.3 Strop
Semogue 2000
Martin de Candre
Cold Water Rinse
Spanish Floid Mentolado Suave
Dior Fahrenheit EdT

proxy.php

Very nicely taken David! I see you used a Semogue 2000 with MdC, how was the lather for your shave today? As you mentioned earlier to Marco preference to using Badger is quite true for this soap. Just talking about it makes me want to use my Shavemac D-01 3Band or SOC 2Band with MdC for tomorrow's shave lol!

Balaji, the Semogue 2000 is only a few shaves old and nowhere near broken in, yet MdC will lather with just about anything. The usual performance from this soap today but I just can't seem to find any real love for boars. This and my SOC are great brushes but there is something missing. And I have to say on a side note....ENGLAND:thumbup:, ENGLAND:thumbup:, ENGLAND:thumbup:.....finally beaten the swedes tonight!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Hope you had an enjoyable time, Bill(in silence with the inlaws!:wink2:), and so glad to have you back here.:001_smile I see you FINALLY got to use the Manchurian. It takes a little getting used to, this grade of hair. Not much splay yet still incredibly soft. It will perform and feel even better after a couple more uses.

Thank you, David. It is good to be back (despite the jet lag). The vacation was very nice and I did FINALLY get the Manchu. I think I'm going to like it. The Rover handle is great. Now if I can just figure out how to use this new camera to take some decent SOTDs, I'll be set...

Thank you, David. It is good to be back (despite the jet lag). The vacation was very nice and I did FINALLY get the Manchu. I think I'm going to like it. The Rover handle is great. Now if I can just figure out how to use this new camera to take some decent SOTDs, I'll be set...

Bill loved to have you back .. with the new 5100 will be much better photos :001_cool:

Bill loved to have you back .. with the new 5100 will be much better photos :001_cool:

Thank you, Luis. Eventually, I hope there will be better photos. First I have to figure out how to use the thing! I think I'm on my way to pick up a 35mm f/1.8 lens today, which I think will be a better lens for things like the SOTD than the kit 18-55 is...

There you go again, rubbing that beautiful shoulder-less straight in my eyes :drool:
Nice shot :thumbup1:

There is an easy way to fix that Soren.... *cough**cough*

TOBS Jermyn St. has one of the most beautiful scents I have tried in creams so far. Performs very good too.

And a great shot too. :001_tt1:

Jermyn St is one of my favourite scents. It performs great too so it will have a place in my line up for as long as it's available.

Thanks for the compliments on the shot gents.

The 35mm is far superior in all the objective Kit :thumbup: will have to get used to the fixed focal :001_cool:

You'll get used to it in no time I believe. I've red very good critiques on photozone about that lens. I think it will suit you perfectly for this type of job. It's very easy also so it will be almost a pleasure to carry around.

Well yet another theme is almost at an end, and we've had another week of truly excellent pics, gentlemen:thumbup: I'm off out in a minute for a Father's Day meal(I know it's tomorrow!), so no time tonight for B&B.
I am sure you are all aware, but just to remind you that next week's theme is SUMMER SCENTED SOAPS/CREAMS but going by the forecast here, it may have been a little premature!:001_huh:
Please keep the stunning photos coming, gents..... you're doing all of us here in the SOTD something to be very proud of for sure, and it's what makes the SOTD forum THE BEST! :thumbup::001_smile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom