What's new

SOTD Tabula Gratulatoria - June 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Good Morning !
~06/11/2012~

Semogue 830 \\ Merkur 1904 w/ Red IP \\ 3P Pre Per E Post Barba \\ Proraso Sapone Da Barbe: Sandalo \\ Proraso Crema Liquida Dopobarba

I honestly never been to a barbershop for a straight razor shave. But If I ever visited Italy, a barbershop would be my first stop for an excellent start off to a Vacay. Also with the new line of Proraso products, I would hope the barber would use Proraso Sandalo b/c its one of favorites. But If they used the everfamous Cella instead, I would still enjoy it! Have a great day my Friends!

proxy.php

One of your finest shots ever, Balaji! And my new screen-saver for my computer!

Great choice of products, Balaji!:thumbup1: How do you find the New Proraso Red? For me it works fine with a DE, but not quite enough protection for straights.

Thank you David! The same to you as well, looks like the proper Italian Barbershop shave here in your pic, very nicely arranged!

I really like the Proraso Red. The post shave feel is just excellent. The sandalwood just lingers right after the shave which is very earthy and calming. The properties of this SC gives some of the best shaves with any DE for me. But I can see it not being as efficient for a straight maybe because of the shea butter which almost gives a dry feeling!

Please show traditional products that can be found in Barbershops around the world. These can vary from strops/straights to soaps/creams, to larger bottles of aftershaves, etc. Please indulge us!:straight:

15/16 Filarmonica "Doble Temple" #14, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
Kanayama No.3 Strop
Semogue Owners Club
Cella, Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima
Cold Water Rinse
Italian Floid Amber "The Genuine"
Hermes Santal Massoia EdT

proxy.php

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Please show traditional products that can be found in Barbershops around the world. These can vary from strops/straights to soaps/creams, to larger bottles of aftershaves, etc. Please indulge us!:straight:

15/16 Filarmonica "Doble Temple" #14, Full Hollow Ground, Round Point
Kanayama No.3 Strop
Semogue Owners Club
Cella, Crema Sapone Extra Extra Purissima
Cold Water Rinse
Italian Floid Amber "The Genuine"
Hermes Santal Massoia EdT

proxy.php

Bravissimo, David! And the SOC with Cella... :001_wub:

One of your finest shots ever, Balaji! And my new screen-saver for my computer!

Thank you so much Marco! I'm very flattered to hear that :001_smile! What did you use for your shave for this week's theme? Is it Italy's finest SS CELLA being finished off with Floid Blue? It's a photo that we're missing!!!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
proxy.php

I know it's far from imagined in this week's proposition for barbershop products
but from my humble experience with barbershops,
many barbers use canned foams.
Well, when using foams, why not using the one that I associate with
my wet shaving beginnings :001_wub:
and enjoy very much.

Today's (very simple) setup:

Palmolive Schiuma da barba
Joris/Feather
Azzaro PH after shave.

:blushing:

Really sharp details here, Ivan!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thank you so much Marco! I'm very flattered to hear that :001_smile! What did you use for your shave for this week's theme? Is it Italy's finest SS CELLA being finished off with Floid Blue? It's a photo that we're missing!!!

Balaji, I have no time this week for taking pics unfortunately. My little Joey (4 months now) is taking most of my "free" time and I will participate to SOTD forum commenting your marvellous shots only. Anyhow, thank you kindly for the nice words - this is the friendly behaviour we want to see here on B&B!

Last edited:
Balaji, I have no time this week for taking pics unfortunately. My little Joey (4 months now) is taking most of my "free" time and I will participate to SOTD forum commenting your marvellous shots only. Anyhow, thank you kindly for the nice words - this is the friendly behaviour we want to see here on B&B!

100% understand Marco, I would be doing the same. It's nice that you take the time to even comment individually for the photos. Not a problem at all, that's what I like, why cause problems for no reason. B&B is my favorite where its contributed to one of my daily routines every morning shaving. I don't know what i would do if B&B never existed!

proxy.php

Mike's Natural Soaps // Vielon LE 2-band // Filarmonica Sub Cero 14 // Emulsion Myrsol & Myrsol Antesol

Luis, your photos always carry such an elegance, almost calming in nature.:001_smile I reckon you could photograph one of Max's customs like the one Rune has, and you'd still make it look docile!:thumbup1:

Monday

Ikea Bowl ¤ Standart Pure Badger ¤ Gillette Fat Handled Tech with Derby Extra (80)
Nivea for Men Shaving Cream ¤ Floïd Blue After Shave ¤ T&H Freshman Cologne

Have a nice day, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

The century with that blade is not far off, Soren. I can't believe it's gone this far already.:ohmy:

Really sharp details here, Ivan!

Thank you, you have a keen eye Marco. I have a Nikon 28mm f/2.0. Very good lens for these kind of shots, but alas it's in the wrong hands.

Has it been 4 months already? I'm totally sympathetic with you dear Marco. To make you feel better, this is as good as it gets with the chance of taking a photo at home. With time you'll have to fight Joey to keep his hand of your camera and razors. Sometimes I'd rather have them playing with razors then lenses :blush:. Think, taking a photo of your setup in the public park while Joey is climbing a highest toy in the park :lol:. Keep it up. I'm sure you're enjoying it.

proxy.php

I know it's far from imagined in this week's proposition for barbershop products
but from my humble experience with barbershops,
many barbers use canned foams.
Well, when using foams, why not using the one that I associate with
my wet shaving beginnings :001_wub:
and enjoy very much.

Today's (very simple) setup:

Palmolive Schiuma da barba
Joris/Feather
Azzaro PH after shave.

:blushing:

Brutal! Powerful colors. Great detail. Thanks a lot.

The century with that blade is not far off, Soren. I can't believe it's gone this far already.:ohmy:

I can't really believe it either. I didn't think it was even possible.
I do doubt however that I will reach 100, it is not as sharp as it once was, but the shaves are still comfortable enough.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Thank you, you have a keen eye Marco. I have a Nikon 28mm f/2.0. Very good lens for these kind of shots, but alas it's in the wrong hands.

Has it been 4 months already? I'm totally sympathetic with you dear Marco. To make you feel better, this is as good as it gets with the chance of taking a photo at home. With time you'll have to fight Joey to keep his hand of your camera and razors. Sometimes I'd rather have them playing with razors then lenses :blush:. Think, taking a photo of your setup in the public park while Joey is climbing a highest toy in the park :lol:. Keep it up. I'm sure you're enjoying it.

I think that camera is definitely in the right hands, my friend! You have that "eye" that only passionate photographers have. Seriously, I adore your pics! And you are right, all those things with my little Joey are going to happen, but he is the love of my life and makes me feel extremely proud of being a father. Thank you, Ivan.

Today

Soapie Opie

proxy.php

Ingredients:
■ Bob Farvour's custom 'eagle' ■ Provence Santé Verlaine ■ DE Joris ■
■ Santa Maria Novella Melograno AS ■ Il Profumo Vetiver de Java EDT ■

Have a nice day!​

Awesome Zen-like shot, Lamb Root. Simple and beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom