What's new

More Restorations...

I've been trying to keep it under control, but once the restoration monkey gets on your back, it's hard to shake off!

Here's my four latest restorations. Not sure what I'm going to do with all of them...at least one is going to a buddy...but the rest? Who knows...?

First up is the Butterscotch and Red Twins. A Klenzo on the left with a 20mm fan-shaped Finest Badger knot from TGN. On the right is its cousin, a Made-Right with a 20mm bulb-shaped TGN Finest Badger.

proxy.php

Next is a Cream and Clear Lucite Erskine brush. It's got an 18mm TGN Finest Badger knot. When I had it apart, I epoxied in a Swiss Half-Franc coin that's visible from the bottom through the Lucite.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Finally, a no-name wood and brass brush, with a TGN 20mm Finest knot. The wood was stripped down, stained, and finished with several coats of Minwax Wipe-On Poly. This is a heavy little sucker!

proxy.php

To give you an idea of what I had to work with, here's the eBay auction photo for the Klenzo and no-name brass and wood brush.

proxy.php

Wow! I love those twins! I don't think I've ever seen butterscotch and red before.

Very nice batch of brushes there!

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Nice stuff, those twins look great! Which one are you giving to your buddy?

Nice stuff, those twins look great! Which one are you giving to your buddy?

Not sure which one yet...possibly one of the Red & Butterscotch twins, but I'll probably let him pick. I've got a few others that I might throw into the mix, so he'll have a lot to choose from. I'm definitely keeping the no-name wood and brass brush. The more I look at and handle that one, the more I'm convinced to make it a permanent part of the collection.

My friend was critically injured in a motorcycle accident back in February and he'll finally be getting out of rehab in a couple of weeks (he was busted up pretty badly!). I'm putting together a shaving kit for him as a welcome home gift. I've already got him a nice birth year and quarter Super Speed, some soaps and creams, a mug, and now one of the brushes. He's expressed an interest in trying DE shaving, so this should give him a good start-up collection.

Wow! those Butterscotch and Red look badass!! Never seen that color combo before!
Actually, these are the second and third Butterscotch & Red brushes I've done. This no-name brush was finished a couple of months ago:

proxy.php

Top Bottom