What's new

Great Razors

Greg,
I've never personally used them, but I remember them being discussed a while back on the menessentials forum. If I remember correctly, they were not touted as being any better than M3 blades but that you could get more shaves per cartridge with these specially treated blades. Hope that helps.

Hi Greg,

I used them (and still have a few). They shave the same as a normal M3; but on me they last for a month at least. The darned things just never died!

proxy.php

Guys...

7 year old thread.
Alatron, the guy you quoted has not posted in 5 years.

If you're trying to bump your post counts to access the BST section, the mods will catch it and reset your post counts and join date.

Thanks for grouping together a trouble maker with a guy clicked on the wrong reply with quote button. As far as accusing me of bumping up posts to get on B/S/T, I have no intention of doing any of that here. Also I don't intend on making any waves and starting trouble or offering any conflicting opinions to popular ones.

Thanks for grouping together a trouble maker with a guy clicked on the wrong reply with quote button. As far as accusing me of bumping up posts to get on B/S/T, I have no intention of doing any of that here. Also I don't intend on making any waves and starting trouble or offering any conflicting opinions to popular ones.

Not accusing anyone of anything and I apologize if it was taken that way.
I don't know if the other guy is a troublemaker or not... no evidence either way (as of when I made my post this morning).
That's why I included "if"... and yes, I've been caught up in replying to an old message because of a necropost as well (and when I realize it was a necro, I'll usually delete my post).

We had a member just a week or two ago who was innocently replying to some threads and it drew attention... his counter and join date were reset.
But that aside, we do get people all the time that come in and jack their post counts, hang around for 45 days, post something on BST, and we never hear from them again. The mods do watch for that type of activity among the newer users.

Welcome to B&B!

What is B/S/T??? and is there a limit on how many posts per day we can do? I am fairly new as well, but only try to post on the newest page, Thanks!

Not accusing anyone of anything and I apologize if it was taken that way.
I don't know if the other guy is a troublemaker or not... no evidence either way (as of when I made my post this morning).
That's why I included "if"... and yes, I've been caught up in replying to an old message because of a necropost as well (and when I realize it was a necro, I'll usually delete my post).

We had a member just a week or two ago who was innocently replying to some threads and it drew attention... his counter and join date were reset.
But that aside, we do get people all the time that come in and jack their post counts, hang around for 45 days, post something on BST, and we never hear from them again. The mods do watch for that type of activity among the newer users.

Welcome to B&B!

Well, I guess I'm also making assumptions about people. Sorry If I sounded upset or what have you. I have a taste for the theatrical.

What is B/S/T??? and is there a limit on how many posts per day we can do? I am fairly new as well, but only try to post on the newest page, Thanks!
B/S/T is the buy, sell and trade forum. There is a minimum number of posts and time on the forum before you can buy or sell items. Occasionally, new members drag out a bunch of pointless old threads like this one and comment just to up their post count and then either buy or sell some stuff, never to be heard from again.

Buy/Sell/Trade... The marketplace.
There's a minimum time/post requirement of 50 posts and 45 days on the forum to keep people from coming in and "dumping" products without being participants in the forum's community discussions.

Nothing wrong with posting to an older thread as long as it's topical, relevant, and it's also nice if the person you are talking to is still an active member :wink:

Well, I guess I'm also making assumptions about people. Sorry If I sounded upset or what have you. I have a taste for the theatrical.

LOL!

I hear ya... On re-read I was a touch harsh, but I had the same concern about the other guy... you got caught up in the propwash.

I have accidentally resurrected 2-3 threads because searching for a topic on google brought up the thread with info I was seeking or similar. I thought it best to add to an already made thread than creating a new one. Most forums scream for you to use the search function before starting new threads. I will try to make sure I don't do that in the future though.

As I said, it's fine, and preferable over starting a new thread, if the comment is topical, and if the person the question is directed to is still an active participant.
You're right, we would prefer that new visitors use the search features (such as they are) and attempt to gather information rather than staring 20 new threads hoping to be spoon-fed, and yes, you will always see the "use the search" comment from time to time, but that is much less prevalent on B&B as the participants tend to be a bit more polite than many other forums. "Use the search" generally only comes up if it's an extremely common question and pretty much common knowledge, or if the question is so broad so as to be difficult to answer.

Re-opening a 3+ year old thread isn't going to get an answer if the person you ask a question of hasn't been here for 3 years, and the question is personal/subjective in nature such as "What do you think of the ____, or how many ____ do you need with ____"... nobody else on the forum is going to be able to answer for that person, we can only share our experience.

So take a moment, check the date on the posting, and if it's an old post, maybe pop into the poster's profile and check "View Forum Posts"... their most recent post will be at the top of the list. If that post was within the last week or two, then by all means, ask away.

But one recent "resurrection" was simply a photograph of an actress who was mentioned in a thread back in 2008. It wasn't a question, it added nothing to the content of the forum, it was simply "a post". That kind of thing is what's irritating.

As I said, it's fine, and preferable over starting a new thread, if the comment is topical, and if the person the question is directed to is still an active participant.
You're right, we would prefer that new visitors use the search features (such as they are) and attempt to gather information rather than staring 20 new threads hoping to be spoon-fed, and yes, you will always see the "use the search" comment from time to time, but that is much less prevalent on B&B as the participants tend to be a bit more polite than many other forums. "Use the search" generally only comes up if it's an extremely common question and pretty much common knowledge, or if the question is so broad so as to be difficult to answer.

Re-opening a 3+ year old thread isn't going to get an answer if the person you ask a question of hasn't been here for 3 years, and the question is personal/subjective in nature such as "What do you think of the ____, or how many ____ do you need with ____"... nobody else on the forum is going to be able to answer for that person, we can only share our experience.

So take a moment, check the date on the posting, and if it's an old post, maybe pop into the poster's profile and check "View Forum Posts"... their most recent post will be at the top of the list. If that post was within the last week or two, then by all means, ask away.

But one recent "resurrection" was simply a photograph of an actress who was mentioned in a thread back in 2008. It wasn't a question, it added nothing to the content of the forum, it was simply "a post". That kind of thing is what's irritating.

Rich ....................
proxy.php

Top Bottom