What's new

Gilette 7 O'Clock Blue Super Platinum

Purchased 10 of these in with my last order from Connaught in the UK. Connaught claim they are the Russian variety. I tried them for the 1st time last night. In my R41. A very pleasant shave indeed. Nice and close, no nicks or irritation. Ranking above Astra SP and the Yellow Supersharps in this razor although I think Feathers are still my favourite :001_tt1:.

Just need to see how many shaves I get out of this blade now. :001_smile

Love these in my Futur. I seem to get about 5 shaves out of them, great value. I actually have some Black 7 O'clocks on the way from India, people seem to like these even better than the Blues.

Purchased 10 of these in with my last order from Connaught in the UK. Connaught claim they are the Russian variety. I tried them for the 1st time last night. In my R41. A very pleasant shave indeed. Nice and close, no nicks or irritation. Ranking above Astra SP and the Yellow Supersharps in this razor although I think Feathers are still my favourite :001_tt1:.

Just need to see how many shaves I get out of this blade now. :001_smile

Quoted for truth :thumbup:

I have now tested Red Personnas, Feathers, Astra SP and Gillette Blue SP Russian in my R41 Grande and my preferred blade in it is the Gillette Blue SP by a good margin.

Nice combo of smoothness and sharpness in this very aggressive razor is key IMHO

Quoted for truth :thumbup:

I have now tested Red Personnas, Feathers, Astra SP and Gillette Blue SP Russian in my R41 Grande and my preferred blade in it is the Gillette Blue SP by a good margin.

Nice combo of smoothness and sharpness in this very aggressive razor is key IMHO
i got a r41 coming, -----gillette blue sp something to think about------- you di not care for the personna reds

i got a r41 coming, -----gillette blue sp something to think about------- you di not care for the personna reds

Good luck and I hope you enjoy the R41. I got one last week and it's the razor for me and I'm only at DE 6 months now! I came from the DE89L and the R41 is amazing!
Zero pressure, low handle angle (30°) super smooth shave in 1 to 2 passes. You won't recognize yourself in the mirror after it it's so close!

Good luck and I hope you enjoy the R41. I got one last week and it's the razor for me and I'm only at DE 6 months now! I came from the DE89L and the R41 is amazing!
Zero pressure, low handle angle (30°) super smooth shave in 1 to 2 passes. You won't recognize yourself in the mirror after it it's so close!
glad to hear it , i am still in what blade mode, i have Bic chrom plat, personna reds, merkurs, derbys------ astra sp, maybe be one to try any suggestions

The Gillette blue SPs (Russian) are one of my preferred blades in more aggressive razors (FaTip & vintage Gillette OCs). Very smooth and decent longevity. Also work ok in my Rocket, but not my first choice in that one. Overall, very good blades.

It would not surprise me if there is absolutely no difference other than wrapper between the blues and blacks.

Its a nice trick of marketing if so.

It would not surprise me if there is absolutely no difference other than wrapper between the blues and blacks.

Its a nice trick of marketing if so.

Maybe, but assuming the wrappers are telling the truth, the black blades are from India and the blue are from Russia.

Russian Blues are my favorite blade. I get a full 7 days out of them, and they're still going strong.

Last year, I went with Gillette Yellows as my only blade. The results in my 40's SS were consistently better than anything else I tried, and they worked well in my Merkur HD as well. I recently snagged a pack of Gillette Blues along with some Yellows, and I had 3 very good shaves with a Blue in the SS. I have only had one shave with a Blue in the HD, but it was very good as well.

I think the Blues may be a slight bit smoother than the Yellows for me, but I need to use them more to confirm.

Maybe, but assuming the wrappers are telling the truth, the black blades are from India and the blue are from Russia.

Yes I know they're made in two different countries, but they look identical to me outside of the wrapper, same marking, etc.

I say buy whichever is cheaper.

Top Bottom