What's new

One Last Shave

We moved out of our old apartment the other day into a new, larger place. When we were packing up and cleaning I noticed this little feature in the medicine cabinet.
$P1020023.jpg
It had been there the whole time, but the shelf was adjusted so that the slot was covered and I was completely unaware of its presence. So, after my last shave in the old place I deposited my blade. Who knows how long it's been since that slot's been used. I left the shelf adjusted so the slot is exposed. Maybe a DE shaver will move in and use it.​

I have been putting blades in our cabinet slot for decades. Who knows how many went down there before.

We moved out of our old apartment the other day into a new, larger place. When we were packing up and cleaning I noticed this little feature in the medicine cabinet.
It had been there the whole time, but the shelf was adjusted so that the slot was covered and I was completely unaware of its presence. So, after my last shave in the old place I deposited my blade. Who knows how long it's been since that slot's been used. I left the shelf adjusted so the slot is exposed. Maybe a DE shaver will move in and use it.​

Nice!

My house was built in 1936 and has one of those. The problem is that it backs onto a unfinished under-stairs storage area, the the blades would just fall onto the floor by our Christmas ornaments!

My house was built in 1936 and has one of those. The problem is that it backs onto a unfinished under-stairs storage area, the the blades would just fall onto the floor by our Christmas ornaments!

A couple sheets wadded up news paper and piece of plastic to cover the bottom would take care of this.

Thats pretty sweet! Not sure how I would feel about pile of blades in the wall though. I imagine it would take more than a lifetime to fill up the space. lets see, 4" deep, 16" wide and probably 60" tall, thats a lot of blades for someone to find one day!

You could make a recepticle out of a small priority mail box taped behind it to catch them. Then when it fills up just trash it and put up another.

Top Bottom