What's new

Handmade Silvertip - from a Gun Show!

$20120530222616.jpg$20120530222657.jpg
Gents,

While at a local Gun Show this past weekend, I walked past a little stand where a guy was selling some brushes and razors he had made. While my dad proceeded to buy a Sig .22 and trade in an older gun, I looked over what he had and zeroed in on the brushes. See pics.

He said that he used silvertip badger from England and made the handles himself. Basically, I could get a handmade brush for a lot less than most other places, if it was real. I don't know if he got the hair from China or if he found the handles in a pawn shop, but the brush is absolutely the softest I have. 3 shaves into it and it is getting softer. Rich lather, too.

He claimed that I would spend twice to three times as much on the same quality brush as the local upscale department store (yeah, right, I thought) but after the lather it creates, I believe him. A gun show might be a strange place to buy shaving gear, but at the same time, it was a very manly weekend.

Super Dave

Very cool, the knot looks soft and of good quality at first glance. Silvertips and Glocks are a few of my favorite things so I can relate.

Whilliam

First Class Citizen
I can envision somebody selling shaving gear at a gun show. Lotsa' handmade stuff (usually cutlery) on sale . . . and lotsa' guys who need shaves.

Top Bottom