What's new

NCAA hoops...who's ready?

Me for sure! My Kansas Jayhawks played their final pre-season game tonight and routed the in state regent school Fort Hayes State. It was expected. The 'Hawks are rated number 4 in the country and deservedly so. In a weird piece of karma, our football team came out ranked number 4 this week as well. If you know anything at all about our normal doormat of a football team(or should it be foosball like on the waterboy?) you can understand why we are drinking this one in. Talk about college sports heaven. We haven't been this excited in quite awhile around here.

So, lets hear your take on your favourite basketball team and what you think they will do this year. I know all the pundits like Duke er...Dick Vitale will kiss the ACC's arse like always but if there are some fans of that conference here, what do you like/dislike about your team's chances? I think the Jayhawks are final four bound. How good really is N. Carolina and Duke this year? The Big East? How will the SEC fare with Florida losing its seniors last year?

Regards, Todd

It's shaping up to be a good year for me, as my Vols are ranked 5ish, I believe, preseason. I really like our group of guys, and think they will have a great showing this year.

Also, living in Memphis now, I'm excited to have a great college team to go watch locally (when I'm not studying, which is all the time). I hear their freshman point guard (I forget his name) is unbelievable.

I'll just be happy if we beat Florida.:thumbup:

My team is normally is picked to finished 15th in the PAC-10 every year. Last year they were one of the biggest suprises in all of basketball. This year they are 10 a preseason poll

Go Cougs. (Washington State):thumbup1:

The ACC isn't predicted to be as dominant as it usually is, and my Terps probably won't be Top Ten material this year, but seriously folks, is there any spectator sport as exciting as NCAA basketball?

I can't wait!

March is the worst sports time of the year.

The hot stove is cold.
Football is over.

Thanks, Captain Downer, for that. :rolleyes:

I am hoping my UConn Huskies can rebound from an absolutely abysmal year last year and place in the top half of what promises to be a loaded Big East this year. The good news is, they returned just about every single player from their team last year. Or is that the bad news? :tongue:

Time will tell, starting with tonight's season opener!

I'd love to see a Final 4, if not a national championship appearance before I graduate from KU. Would be a great way to finish college. I couldn't bring myself to go watch the slaughter of Fort Hays - I watched that team (my hometown team) go 36-0 and win the NCAA Div-II championship just over a decade ago, and I'd prefer to think of them in that light still.

I'd love to see a Final 4, if not a national championship appearance before I graduate from KU. Would be a great way to finish college. I couldn't bring myself to go watch the slaughter of Fort Hays - I watched that team (my hometown team) go 36-0 and win the NCAA Div-II championship just over a decade ago, and I'd prefer to think of them in that light still.

Yes Kyle, it is a bit tough to watch those kids take a drubbing. I oft times wonder why they line up for the punishment. Still, from what I gather the team makes a load of cash from it and the kids like the experience of the field house. At least KU is keeping the pre-season games in the State colleges.

I don't know about you but I feel that Bill Self is absolutely the right guy for the head coaching job. If you take a look at his record, he is actually at a better winning percentage at this point than Roy Williams was at the same time. And that is SAYING something. What gave Roy the props was his trips to the final four early in his career. I often wonder what his tenure would have been like if not for those early trips? What I like about coach Self is his recruiting ability and the fact that he remains pretty much unflappable. The way he pulls All Americans out of the woodwork is amazing.

For the FHS game, Darrel Arthur looked very relaxed and this new kid Cole Aldridge just has a certain look to him. You can just tell that b-ball flows in his veins. I am most interested in watching his development. I'll tell you, with football going the way it is, and both teams ranked #4, I just don't know how long the high will last. I truly hope that coach Mangino can keep this sort of no nonsense style of team going next year. About 95% of his team returns. Sorry to go OT from the post but I am still smiling from that arse kicking he laid on Nebraska. Maybe old Duke Vitale will have to give more than lip service to the Hawks this year.

Regards, Todd

Top Bottom