What's new

shared den/bathroom or private?

Is your shave den shared or private?

• I share my shave den / bathroom

• I have a private shave den / bathroom

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Ah the secret is to only keep a few items out. You will notice that I only have 2 razors and 4 brushes out on my counter. If I want to use a different razor or brush I bring it into the shave den and take out one.

To the untrained SWMBO eye all razors and brushes look the same as long as the razors are chrome and the brushes have white handles.

Little things like the size of the razor or brush handle are not noticeable. So as long as there are only 2 razors and 4 brushes out on the counter there are no conversations about my razor and brush collection because there are only 2 razors and 4 brushes out on the counter.

Problem is that Pretty Wife already has her things in all drawers and cabinets in 'shared' bathroom - thats why I bought the shelf. If I don't have my things out, I have to keep them in another room.
Don't make me give up my Man Card yet though - I'm slowly re-taking the shelves by encouraging her to share my shaving supplies.. Pretty Wife is amazed that I'm able to find creams and lotions that work better than her stuff. (I didn't much like that Cucumber scented witch hazel anyway.)

I shared a bathroom with my late wife, but I didn't start doing this kind of shaving until after her passing. The first thing she did was reinstall a bathroom in the basement where I had torn one out a few years before so that the upstairs bath could be torn out and rebuilt. She added his and hers sinks as well as a triple wide medicine chest.

Ah the secret is to only keep a few items out. You will notice that I only have 2 razors and 4 brushes out on my counter. If I want to use a different razor or brush I bring it into the shave den and take out one.

To the untrained SWMBO eye all razors and brushes look the same as long as the razors are chrome and the brushes have white handles.

Little things like the size of the razor or brush handle are not noticeable. So as long as there are only 2 razors and 4 brushes out on the counter there are no conversations about my razor and brush collection because there are only 2 razors and 4 brushes out on the counter.

Good stuff Turtle, I was laughing pretty hard, how true that is, unfortunately my gear is front and center (being in the garage makes all the difference).

Last edited:
Bette Davis once said that the secret to a successful marriage is having two bathrooms. Having been married for more than twenty years and having separate bathrooms, I agree!

I share space with my pretty wife, but recently bought a tall, thin shelf (I think its a CD rack) for my shaving things.

Pretty Wife looks it over as I'm carrying it into the house, and says she doesn't like it, and she doesn't want it in our bathroom.
Finally, Pretty Wife says I can go ahead and put it in the bathroom.
After a couple days, Pretty Wife says the shelf is ok.
After a couple more days, Pretty Wife says I have too much shaving stuff, and I should get rid of some of it.
Next day Pretty Wife says that she 'needs' a couple of the shelves for her stuff. And that she doesn't want the bottom shelves or the top shelves, because they're too hard to reach.
Pretty Wife now thinks that if I'm going to keep my shaving stuff, I need to get it off her shelf.

Ain't marriage great?

Dude, I'm sorry, but this is one of the funniest things I've read in quite a while! Thanks for sharing.

Yep, the sink basin is huge. The cabinet above the towel on the left has a "few" more shave items.

Jealous. :)

I share my den with my wife. She's an amazing decorator and has put some serious effort into keeping our space classy while giving me opportunity to showcase my gear.

Dude, I'm sorry, but this is one of the funniest things I've read in quite a while! Thanks for sharing.
+1:biggrin1:

Turtle: I am loving your shave cathedral. That is absolutely amazing.

Taco8slo: I love your shave set-up. I can see myself doing that to my gargage but its too darn hot here in Florida especially during the summer.

4 me... we have 2 bathrooms. Thankfully we have separate sinks in our bathroom. It works well because my wife gets up too early and I usually shave at nite on my work days and shave at afternoon on off days.

WARHAWK

Although we have three bathrooms in our house, our son uses one, our niece uses another, and my wife and I share the third (and fortunately the largest, with two sinks). I get up before anyone else, so I usually have the bathroom all to myself for at least 30 minutes. Still, I would love to have a space of my own (other than just in my mind).

I share space with my pretty wife, but recently bought a tall, thin shelf (I think its a CD rack) for my shaving things.

Pretty Wife looks it over as I'm carrying it into the house, and says she doesn't like it, and she doesn't want it in our bathroom.
Finally, Pretty Wife says I can go ahead and put it in the bathroom.
After a couple days, Pretty Wife says the shelf is ok.
After a couple more days, Pretty Wife says I have too much shaving stuff, and I should get rid of some of it.
Next day Pretty Wife says that she 'needs' a couple of the shelves for her stuff. And that she doesn't want the bottom shelves or the top shelves, because they're too hard to reach.
Pretty Wife now thinks that if I'm going to keep my shaving stuff, I need to get it off her shelf.

Ain't marriage great?
The things we let pretty wives get away with. It's almost like they have some magical behavioral control power over us.....Hmmm....

My wife and I share a bathroom, but we have different schedules so it all works out. That and the fact that I only keep two soaps, two aftershaves, one brush, and one razor out at a time helps. The rest of my shaving stash is in a basket on a shelf in my closet, so my wife is happy knowing I have my AD's under control :001_rolle

We have 2 bathrooms but I have always just shared the one off our bedroom with SWMBO. This has not been a problem until recently when her schedule changed to match mine. I have seriously been considering moving the Den to the downstairs. I miss my quiet morning shaves. :mad3: This may just be the motivation I needed.

Don't hate me for this... but.....

We have 5 bathrooms in our house so I have my own bathroom that I shave in. Two of the the 5 baths would be called master bathrooms as they are 4 fixture, the other 3 are guest or entertaining bathrooms and they are 3 fixture, smaller and off of the living room and other entertaining areas.

I call my bathroom my "shave cathedral" because it has a very high cathedral ceiling over the sink area with a north facing window high up that provides incredible natural lighting. The bathroom is 17' long by 8' wide and divided into 2 rooms. The smaller room has the toilet and shower and is divided from the main room by a sliding pocket door. The larger room has the sink, whirlpool, and a dressing area. There is also a linen/towel closet with a louvered door. The sink cabinet is 6' long with a single bowl (I said it was my bathroom so I did not put in a second sink). The cabinet has 2 banks of 3 drawers on each side that hold my soaps, creams, blades, and a few DE and SE razors.

On one wall is a shelf that holds my after shaves. Under that is a free standing cabinet that holds my straight razors, bowls, scuttles, a few shaving towels, etc. I have my razor strops hanging from a door hinge next to where the razors are kept. There is provisions for a chandelier in the cathedral ceiling but I have not put one in (have not found one I like enough to hang).

Like I said... Don't hate me for this.... pics follow

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php
I mean this is the best possble way...You Suck! Very nice shave den my friend, I'm jealous

The bathroom in the master bedroom suite has been all mine for 40 years. I've had lady friends spend weekends, although none brought any great amount of her own stuff she didn't take away again. For 32 of the 40, the bathroom has been fairly small, however, compared with many shown in photos on this forum. For maybe ten years, the plumbing in the "guest bathroom" has needed major work that I've kept putting off. I just may get the shower and tub fixtures and drain in there fixed, because I do have some ideas about decorating in there I want to try out.

(Presently, behind the shower curtain, the tub is "storing" some leftover stuff I haven't figured out a place to put it, or decided that I can get rid of it instead.)

I think turtle has shown us the EXACT point that shaving moves ever so slightly beyond a "thing I do in the morning".....

Very jealous of your 5 bathrooms Mike!

I share a tiny, tiny cubby of a bathroom with my girlfriend in our little apartment; I am lucky though as almost every shelf is taken up with my shave gear and she doesnt complain. As far as schedules conflicting, thats easy I just started shaving in the evenings so there is no competition in the morning. I end my day with a nice relaxing shower and all the time I want to shave and she does her routine in the morning. The only overlap is me brushing my teeth in the morning, which i do while she is in the shower. :)

I share a small bathroom with my wife currently. I've had to alter my morning routine to make it work out so that she's done getting ready by the time I start shaving or I'm done shaving by the time she's done getting ready. Not the best situation, but we deal with it. Fortunately, I don't have much shave gear and my wife doesn't mind it being stored in the cabinet under the sink. I cringe to think of making the argument that I need multiple bathroom shelves and display cases for my shave gear! Lol. It may come one day, but for now I'm happy with my minimalist 1 razor, 1 brush, 2 creams setup.

On a major upswing, we are currently looking at moving into a new place with more space, most of which either have 2 BR, 2 bath or 2 BR, 1 Bath w/ double sinks. Either of those means I can shave whenever I want and I'm pretty excited about the prospect :p

Top Bottom