What's new

shared den/bathroom or private?

Is your shave den shared or private?

• I share my shave den / bathroom

• I have a private shave den / bathroom

• other

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yep, the laundry basin is huge. The cabinet above the towel on the left has a "few" more shave items.

That's awesome. I love how you've made that space come to life and made use of the shelving. I'm all about "organized clutter" (oxymoron?) and I would feel at home shaving at your den. It's funny how Simpson brushes always give any space an ornate feeling about them.

We have two bathrooms but we share.

Me, too.

Note to Rebos: If/when you are ready to move up to accommodations with more than one bath, DO NOT tell her you want your own space. Tell her you want her to have HER OWN SPACE. It works out the same, only better.

Don't hate me for this... but.....

We have 5 bathrooms in our house so I have my own bathroom that I shave in. Two of the the 5 baths would be called master bathrooms as they are 4 fixture, the other 3 are guest or entertaining bathrooms and they are 3 fixture, smaller and off of the living room and other entertaining areas.

I call my bathroom my "shave cathedral" because it has a very high cathedral ceiling over the sink area with a north facing window high up that provides incredible natural lighting. The bathroom is 17' long by 8' wide and divided into 2 rooms. The smaller room has the toilet and shower and is divided from the main room by a sliding pocket door. The larger room has the sink, whirlpool, and a dressing area. There is also a linen/towel closet with a louvered door. The sink cabinet is 6' long with a single bowl (I said it was my bathroom so I did not put in a second sink). The cabinet has 2 banks of 3 drawers on each side that hold my soaps, creams, blades, and a few DE and SE razors.

On one wall is a shelf that holds my after shaves. Under that is a free standing cabinet that holds my straight razors, bowls, scuttles, a few shaving towels, etc. I have my razor strops hanging from a door hinge next to where the razors are kept. There is provisions for a chandelier in the cathedral ceiling but I have not put one in (have not found one I like enough to hang).

Like I said... Don't hate me for this.... pics follow

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Hate you? Capitalism is still real in the country! In God we Trust.

Yeah, I said it.

My wife and I have separate bathrooms, but she has visiting privileges to my shave den to change towels.
RFLMAO! I too have my own shave den and a wife who changes the towels! It was easy for me, when my AD started to accumulate more stuff than she wanted in our master bath(which has a double vanity and enough room to spare I might add), she evicted me to the downstairs basement/man cave bathroom. I should have been down there all along, it's got a crapper and a shower, and no 'pretty towels' that no man can touch without turning to stone for me to deal with. What more does a man need?

So is envy and covetousness.

Envious? Over a bathroom? Hardly. However, I respect hard work and you obviously don't get 5 bathroom's without it....unless you've inherited it or hit the lotto. You are right though, it's very nice Turtle! So is the other guys garage.

I share space with my pretty wife, but recently bought a tall, thin shelf (I think its a CD rack) for my shaving things.

Pretty Wife looks it over as I'm carrying it into the house, and says she doesn't like it, and she doesn't want it in our bathroom.
Finally, Pretty Wife says I can go ahead and put it in the bathroom.
After a couple days, Pretty Wife says the shelf is ok.
After a couple more days, Pretty Wife says I have too much shaving stuff, and I should get rid of some of it.
Next day Pretty Wife says that she 'needs' a couple of the shelves for her stuff. And that she doesn't want the bottom shelves or the top shelves, because they're too hard to reach.
Pretty Wife now thinks that if I'm going to keep my shaving stuff, I need to get it off her shelf.

Ain't marriage great?

Yep, the laundry basin is huge. The cabinet above the towel on the left has a "few" more shave items.

That's awesome. I love how you've made that space come to life and made use of the shelving. I'm all about "organized clutter" (oxymoron?) and I would feel at home shaving at your den. It's funny how Simpson brushes always give any space an ornate feeling about them.

I enjoy being a man down in my shave cave, I tend to get water and lather on the floor, it's the garage so who cares? Those Simpsons are like little action figures, pretty funny.

Envious? Over a bathroom? Hardly. However, I respect hard work and you obviously don't get 5 bathroom's without it....unless you've inherited it or hit the lotto. You are right though, it's very nice Turtle! So is the other guys garage.

Not you, me! :lol:

I enjoy being a man down in my shave cave, I tend to get water and lather on the floor, it's the garage so who cares? Those Simpsons are like little action figures, pretty funny.

There's something charming about those little brushes, no doubt. The wallet doesn't find them charming though.

I share space with my pretty wife, but recently bought a tall, thin shelf (I think its a CD rack) for my shaving things.

Pretty Wife looks it over as I'm carrying it into the house, and says she doesn't like it, and she doesn't want it in our bathroom.
After a couple more days, Pretty Wife says I have too much shaving stuff, and I should get rid of some of it.
Next day Pretty Wife says that she 'needs' a couple of the shelves for her stuff. And that she doesn't want the bottom shelves or the top shelves, because they're too hard to reach.
Pretty Wife now thinks that if I'm going to keep my shaving stuff, I need to get it off her shelf.

Ain't marriage great?

Oh yeah, and we all know that a happy wife is a happy life, SWMBO is very true indeed.

Ain't marriage great?

Ah the secret is to only keep a few items out. You will notice that I only have 2 razors and 4 brushes out on my counter. If I want to use a different razor or brush I bring it into the shave den and take out one.

To the untrained SWMBO eye all razors and brushes look the same as long as the razors are chrome and the brushes have white handles.

Little things like the size of the razor or brush handle are not noticeable. So as long as there are only 2 razors and 4 brushes out on the counter there are no conversations about my razor and brush collection because there are only 2 razors and 4 brushes out on the counter.

Top Bottom