What's new

Found 8 Ounce bag of penzance

Never had it, but I wouldn't go that steep for any blend. If it makes you happy and it won't break the bank, go for it!

Everything is relative. I am assuming you have not smoked Penzance before. If it is one of your favorites it might be worthwhile, if you are taking a gamble on whether you will like it, it might not pay off.

I would not, but that is just me. In my opinion, that is gouging on a grand scale. 8oz of Penzance sells for $32 at Iwanries.com & they offer the option to get an email alert when it is in stock. It works too, as that is how I finally obtained 8 oz. of Stonehaven @ $32. If you really, really want to try one of the unobtanium Esoterica blends, I would be more than happy to send you a small sample of Stonehaven as a belated birthday gift, but only if you swear to refrain from paying that price for the Penzance.

This stuff IS hard to get, but it is not impossible. Anyone charging almost 3x regular price for it is a douchebag, in my opinion. Excuse my language, but I despise price gouging.

Ok, now that I have jumped up on my soapbox and spouted off with my personal opinions, take them for just that - my opinion. If it is worth it to you and it makes you happy, it is worth it.

And Happy Birthday, one day early!

I would not, but that is just me. In my opinion, that is gouging on a grand scale. 8oz of Penzance sells for $32 at Iwanries.com & they offer the option to get an email alert when it is in stock. It works too, as that is how I finally obtained 8 oz. of Stonehaven @ $32. If you really, really want to try one of the unobtanium Esoterica blends, I would be more than happy to send you a small sample of Stonehaven as a belated birthday gift, but only if you swear to refrain from paying that price for the Penzance.

This stuff IS hard to get, but it is not impossible. Anyone charging almost 3x regular price for it is a douchebag, in my opinion. Excuse my language, but I despise price gouging.

Ok, now that I have jumped up on my soapbox and spouted off with my personal opinions, take them for just that - my opinion. If it is worth it to you and it makes you happy, it is worth it.

And Happy Birthday, one day early!
+1 to all that. Yeah, I & many think Penzance is an awesome blend. But if you're patient you can get some way cheaper than that.

Thank you guys, I am back in control, really.
:001_tongu

I knew it was too pricey, 73mountainner, I appreciate your concepts and your kind offer, but I will pass, it was just a moment of madness, my wife's words: "Yes, you can buy anything you want is your BD" affected me in weird ways :001_smile

I will show patience and restrain as my Grandfather did when he was my age.

Thank you all.

Thank you guys, I am back in control, really.
:001_tongu

I knew it was too pricey, 73mountainner, I appreciate your concepts and your kind offer, but I will pass, it was just a moment of madness, my wife's words: "Yes, you can buy anything you want is your BD" affected me in weird ways :001_smile

I will show patience and restrain as my Grandfather did when he was my age.

Thank you all.

Ok, but if you change your mind, the offer stands.

Why not buy yourself a nice pipe in anticipation of when you get that Penzance? And really, do sign up for the email alert from Iwan Ries. They have great service & as a customer I have been extremely pleased with them. Jump on it quick when you get the notification though, as it will likely go extremely quick. It sold out while I had it in my cart, but thankfully the bag in my cart must've counted toward their inventory numbers because my order went through & I had it in hand within the week.

I won't even tell you what I paid for tins of Bohemian Scandal and Balkan Sobraine.

Two years ago, My wife kind of did today's same mistake (giving me a "yes" to get whatever crazy thing I wanted), when the bottle of laphroaig finally arrived, her reaction was: "You paid how much for a bottle of what!!?" and for days she was staring at it suspiciously.

I know its a trap, I almost forgot.

I paid $32 for Penzance last year, and it is a terrific blend. But at $85, I'd say there are a lot of other fine tobaccos out there, and you could buy several of 'em for the money. Get your names on the various notification lists and you'll find some for regular retail.

Top Bottom