What's new

Robert Smith CooncatBob of Bob's Razor Works

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
Folks it saddens us to say that we have received word of the passing of Robert Smith, better known to his friends here as CooncatBob.

We have no independent confirmation of the news and do not know the circumstances.
We certainly do not want to spread any false rumors, or host a location where unconfirmed tales can start or spread.

All the information we have is from his Facebook page, duplicated below.

Bob was the ultimate craftsman, and anyone who had the opportunity to see his work first hand had no doubt that what they beheld was a work of art, though it was as functional as it was beautiful.

Bob had many friends here at Badger & Blade, and our condolences are with his family in this difficult period.

View attachment 247282

I am grateful to have had the opportunity to own 9 of his custom razors.

I will treasure these and think of him every time I use them.

Rest in peace wonderful artisan. The world is a less beautiful place since your passing

I would like to offer my condolences.
I purchased a handle and then sold it.
To this day it is the only razor (and I have owned many) that I regret selling.

His was an artist and a gentleman.

He will be in my prayers tonight.

I have heard nothing but great praise and positive vibes on this gentleman. I emailed him a few weeks ago in hopes of purchasing one of his custom made handles and DE razors. Now I know why he did not respond 2 my email. I just want 2 say that my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. May he RIP.

WARHAWK

Quite a shock. I just emailed him in March and he said he would be up and running a new shop in April. I know he was quite the perfectionist and craftsman. He will be missed and I didn't even know him personally.
My condolences to his family.

Very sad news indeed!
RIP Bob and thanks for your work!

I only had the chance to purchase one of his handles and it is now an even more treasured item in my shaving rotation!

Thoughts and prayers to his friends and family. Never had the opportunity to own one of his razors but have seen quite a few of them here and there. Excellent craftsman with great attention to detail. It's nice that so many people were touched by his life and work.

Rest in peace, Bob.

Sad news indeed.

In addition to his business, Bob was a contributor to the razor forums for the last few years here at B&B. I always looked forward to his postings and hold him and his knowledge in high regard.

Bob was quite the craftsman and a pleasure to work with. I had him refurbish two Gillette TTOs and add new handles; and polish, replate, and make handles for two long comb NEWs.

Sorry to hear of his passing.

-- John Gehman

A very sad day in shavetown. I had hoped this wasn't true. Such a great guy to deal with. A gentleman perfectionist.
I like many of you, I consider myself lucky to have something to remember him by.

Cheers to Bob's memory! He'll never die here.

Mike H

Instagram Famous
I had many emails with Bob, and few of his handles. He was a true craftsman.

Rest in Peace

Bob's garage workshop

$BRW Shop.jpg

Attachments

• $IMG_2517.jpg
    $IMG_2517.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 2,300
Last edited:
Top Bottom