What's new

Which # cup of coffee each day tastes the best

Assuming you drink multiple cups of coffe each day, which one do you enjoy the most?

• First cup of the day

• Middle cup of the day

• Last cup of the day

• No difference - bascially every cup is the same or no pattern

• Are you serious? I don't like coffee.

Results are only viewable after voting.
I had never heard of the Eva Solo, but I found it on Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/Eva-Solo-Coffee-Neoprene-1-Liter/dp/B00009OWEV

Does this use coarsely ground coffee like a French Press? Or does it use a regular grind like an auto-drip machine?

I find that I can use a less coarse grind w/the Eva, but still aim for the 4 minute dwell time so not too fine. I tend to think most people go too coarse with FP grinds anyway and land somewhere in percolator zone.

The best way I can describe the resultant cup is that it's cleaner than FP, both in sediment and in flavor clarity, but with the same kind of richness.

If you said anything but "first", you might be basing it more on situation or experience than actual taste. There is a reason why cupping happens in the early morning. Your taste buds are more sensitive shortly after you first wake up.

I never base coffee strictly on the taste. The whole experience of drinking coffee goes into how it tastes. Also, I usually end up with Dunkin Donuts "coffee" on the way to work as my first cup and switch over to a bulk pre-ground coffee at work. When I'm at home after work, I might switch to something better ( kona or something from the local roaster ) but usually the second or third cup is the best for me. I've gotten the initial caffeine kick to wake up & can appreciate the aroma and flavor of the coffee. whereas with the first cup, I'm usually downing it quickly to wake up so I don't fall asleep at the office:p

I voted #1 - But to be honest i can't decide if its the first cup in the morning or the one I usually have 30-60 minutes after lunch.

If you said anything but "first", you might be basing it more on situation or experience than actual taste.
Thread is taste/enjoy, not just taste. It really depends for me. At times I'll enjoy the first most. At times I'll enjoy the last most.

Top Bottom