What's new

Ka-Bar BK2 vs Gerber LMF II...Cant decide

Hey guys,

I have narrowed down which knife I am going to buy to the BK2 and the LMF, but now im stuck. I figured you guys could help me make the final decision.

Im open to all opinions.

Thanks

PS: Im looking at them for Survival/Camping/Backpacking

Both brands are great. I'd go with the Ka-Bar. I just like them much better than any Gerber I've ever owned. They hold an edge better (at least to me).

I've got a BK-2 and find it to be completely excellent. Been splitting firewood into kindling with mine for some time now and the knife has held up great to heavy chopping abuse.

Don't know from Gerbers, but I do know the Ka-Bar Becker line is made in the USA and that they offer a very solid warranty.

kabar i have had many gerber and even though they are great knifes kabar is jus a more heavy duty all around knife I use one for camping and its held the test of time and weather

The Gerber Bear Grylls survival knife is very similar to the LMF and probably easier to find at your local *mart. I don't know if the quality is necessarily the same between the BG and LMF, but they have a very similar shape and specs. I'm not a huge fan of the color scheme of the BG knife, but I suppose it would be easier to find if lost. If you're considering the LMF I'd consider the BG as well, that said, I'd probably pick the BK2 over either and I'm not a fan of Becker at all, I'm just not impressed with the Gerber knives lately.

Of those two, definitely the BK2. I had a BK9 and actually miss it and am thinking about getting another. I have an ESEE 5 also which is statistically identical to a BK2, and I use it quite often. The Becker will definitely hold up to more abuse, and has an outstanding warranty.

I'd get the Ka-Bar USMC combat knife in black with Kydex sheath! They are legendary and are picked by many military guys. I re-ground the profile on mine to match the Spyderco honing angles (it was a long tedious process!!) using my Apex sharpener, but it is screaming sharp now and I can quickly touch it up with a Spyderco Sharpmaker (croc-stick style sharpener).

Top Bottom