What's new

[Shavette] Dovo of Solingen Shavette VS Dovo Shavette Disposable Blade Straight Razor

I'm looking to buy a new Shavette and after seeing this in action a couple times i'm really liking the look of it.
right now i'm leaning against the Solingen rather than the classic Black one.

Any other things you think i should buy along with it? (Shavette related not creams, brushes ETC [Got enough of them already! xD]) or think there is a better Shavette?.

$4d6569774efac61c1ca4261ae65d2820.jpg
Soligen Shavette

$prod-7303-250-250.jpg
​Classic Black

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
Many prefer the Parker shavette. If you can afford a Feather AC they are much better.

I never had any difficulty with my Dovo Shavette I bought about a year ago. I started using straight razors and stopped using it.

The only accessory I can think of that you will need is the proprietary Dovo blade holders. They included a standard DE blade-sized holder with mine but if you want to use different-sized blades you will need to buy a different holder.

I don't know if Parker or Feather have similar systems.

I am a newbie to straight razors. Been using a Parker shavette for a couple of months, But I notice the plastic scales are starting to crack, particularly around two of the rivets.
Did I get a defect?
Another question: will the Lord half blades fit a Dovo?

I also prefer the Parker (I had an SR1) over the Dovo. Then I moved onto the Feathers and dabbled with straights but never could get the hang of honing them :001_unsur

At the end of the day its a tool that holds a blade that will cut whiskers. My Dovo Shavette came with all the proprietary blade holders, is well build and shaves like a properly honed straight. I don't think one shavette is better than the other as the blade is what’s doing the work along with good technique from the user.

a Feather blade will perform the same is all kinds of shavettes as an example.

69F6F7C5-5736-438A-A0E4-27EE2853A6DD.jpeg

Top Bottom