What's new

Classic Shaving - Classic Brand Premium Lavender Shaving Cream Discussion Thread....

All I have to say is WOW, and hopefully they develop a cream for all their soap flavours like Mocha or Lime & Coconut...

Very friendly ingredient list, like he said - stuff you expect to see on a/s products.

The biggest surprise though? It looks like Joel was using a Rooney brush :scared: :tongue:

Damn your eyes Joel! You are nothing but an enabler. Like you, I have migrated almost exclusively to the hard soaps. The only cream I rate in my top five lathers is Castle Forbes. Creams seem to be this way with soapaholics. We love our hard soaps to a ridiculous degree but have one certain cream that just stays at the top of our list. Mine is the CF lavender.

The first thing I noticed about this new cream is the leading ingredient; aloe juice. I quickly discovered that my face responds to aloe juice in very positive way. The old formula Vitaman from Aussie land was the BEST a/s gel I have ever used. Too bad they changed it. I have found nothing like it on my skin. So when I see aloe juice as the lead ingredient with this cream, along with all the other good stuff and little or no preservatives, it really got my attention. Just when I was getting to the bottom of my shave creams with no intention of buying any more save the CF, you have to go and review this one. I do agree with you that a Bulgarian lavender with its trace hint of mint notes is right up my alley.

Do you know if this is made in the U.S.A.? That would be a nice touch.

Regards, Todd

Anything on price point you can give us without locking Classic Shave in to a price? More or less than AOS, maybe? I'm assuming it will be reasonable to earn your 9.

Ok - here's the skinny.....

Pricing should be somewhere around $15-18 per tub, which is a solid value for this cream, as it is full of natural ingredients, and you need very little of it. It should last longer than a tub of english shaving cream - so for 6+ months worth of shaves, depending on the size of your brush, and how much cream you use - it's a solid value.

The scents are not written in stone, so the lavender scent may change for the production version, and it will be offered in quite a few scents.

Now - here's a neat thing... place an order with Classic Shaving, and mention you are a member of B&B, and would like a sample of the shaving cream, and TA-DAH! you've got a free sample of their new cream!

Ok - here's the skinny.....

Pricing should be somewhere around $15-18 per tub, which is a solid value for this cream, as it is full of natural ingredients, and you need very little of it. It should last longer than a tub of english shaving cream - so for 6+ months worth of shaves, depending on the size of your brush, and how much cream you use - it's a solid value.

The scents are not written in stone, so the lavender scent may change for the production version, and it will be offered in quite a few scents.

Now - here's a neat thing... place an order with Classic Shaving, and mention you are a member of B&B, and would like a sample of the shaving cream, and TA-DAH! you've got a free sample of their new cream!

Great info Joel ! Thanks again for the insight! Hopefully the release date will be before xmas. And as for the scents like I stated above, hopefully they have a number of scents from their soap line since they are simply delicious!

I've got to say, I'm pretty darned happy about this. The world can always use more good shaving creams. Besides that, I've always had a fondness for Classic, partly because of Ray, and partly because they provided me with my first gear. But their soap gets no respect, so I am very excited to hear that the cream is really good stuff.

-Mo

I would imagine they would start out w/ at least the "standards"....lavendar, sandalwood, lime....maybe rose & almond

time will tell I guess

I've got to say, I'm pretty darned happy about this. The world can always use more good shaving creams. Besides that, I've always had a fondness for Classic, partly because of Ray, and partly because they provided me with my first gear. But their soap gets no respect, so I am very excited to hear that the cream is really good stuff.

-Mo

Then you'll be pleased to hear they are re-formulating their soap as well!

Top Bottom