What's new

FrogLube CLP

I've been using Break Free for about 25 years and have been happy with the results, particularly the fact that after it dries overnight it does not come off on my clothing. However, I have been known to add a couple drops of Hoppe's #9 to my unscented shave cream when I'm looking forward to a big night.:biggrin1: RazoRock,are you listening?

I have been known to add a couple drops of Hoppe's #9 to my unscented shave cream when I'm looking forward to a big night.:biggrin1: RazoRock,are you listening?

Probably improves the lube/slickness of the cream too, right?
I picked up a Hoppe's #9 auto air freshener at a gun show a while back - truck smells absolutely great!

ive used hoppes 9 for ages, but the wife hates it with a passion. :( I love the smell. because of her hatred of the smell that was one of the reasons I switched to frog lube. i usually am sceptical and would have never tried it till my buddy, who I respect his opinion on stuff gave me a sample. I tell you what, this stuff is all that they say it is. all in one cleaner/lubricant. no joke. I was a hoppe's die hard. not anymore. this truly works and makes cleaning simple.

Hoppes #9 doesn't compare well to any lube because it's only a solvent. Please use some kind of oil after cleaning whether you switch to froglube or not.

I've been curious about it for a while so I picked some up recently.
I cleaned one of my guns (S&W Model 60 Pro) with it. I was impressed with how easy it is to work with. I didn't have a bunch of nasty rags, fiber cloths to clean up after I cleaned the gun. And it was easy on the senses; no strong chemical smell or feel.
Now the most important part - I'm taking it shooting it tomorrow and will see how it holds up.

My daily carry Gen2 Glock 19 went almost 6k rounds of mainly Wolf with one application of this stuff. No additional lube or cleaning. I also use it on my 5.56 AR15 (I also have a 5.45 AR15). Very impressed. I used it on my strop the other day and though it did make the leather darker, it seemed to work fine. My road bike has Froglube as its chain lube. My straights are wiped down with it for protective lube; no rust yet.

I guess it's kind of obvious that I like this stuff. I strongly recommend it.

Have you tried both FrogLube and Slip2k? I have.
Yep. got a bottle in a promo pack about 2 months ago.
It does not feel as slippery to me as ewl, and also did not stay intact on gun surfaces as well.
Not saying it's bad, but my dollars will go to SLIP. Superior product I think.
But I'm not a rabid gun cleaner. I lube moving parts, and run a bore snake. That's it.
Brent.

Fair enough since you've tried both. I still use Slip2k on my 5.45mm AR15 as I have a feeling it does better with the corrosive ammo I use but I do need to test this hypothesis.

I personally prefer FL because it does not run when cold (good for carry and whatnot) and provides superior corrosion resistance. I have some Warren Tactical handgun sights that used to rust unless wiped down once a month or so. No longer than they've been wiped down with FL.

I also do not clean very much. Every few thousand rounds or so.

Last edited:
I use Hoppes 9 to clean my guns then put a coat of rem oil on them after. Also put a little Wilson Combat Ultima Gun Grease on the slide/rail. Ill look for this frog lube and give it a try though.

Top Bottom