What's new

Is this ebay straight worth it?

[edit: open ebay auction links are not permitted on B&B]
Is this one worth continuing on? It is hard to see the front of the blade, picture is very blurry. But would this be one worth following?

I would persue that if I were in the market for that style. Keep in mind, however, the cost of new a Dovo and use that as a limit.

I wouldn't buy it.

Personally i'd rather put in a little more $ up front and have a really minty razor with no issue/problems rather than a crap shoot.

I've bought quite a few razors off of ebay, and I'd say more often than not - they require a fair amount of work, and aren't as nice in person. Got burned too many times.

You can get a new, or a new old stock razor for a pretty reasonable price no adays ($60 or so).

I wouldn't buy it.

Personally i'd rather put in a little more $ up front and have a really minty razor with no issue/problems rather than a crap shoot.

I've bought quite a few razors off of ebay, and I'd say more often than not - they require a fair amount of work, and aren't as nice in person. Got burned too many times.

You can get a new, or a new old stock razor for a pretty reasonable price no adays ($60 or so).

I understand the logic in that. But with a limited budget, the possibility of getting a razor for ~$20 shipped looks pretty good. The image of the front was very blurry, and I have sent the seller a message asking for a better picture.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
There are a few very reputable (and popular) vendors on ebay. I bought one of my best shavers, a Geneva, for a whopping $16. Bought another half dozen or so from the same guy, all with excellent results.

If the picture isn't good, its often a sign the razor isn't either.

These razors are supposed to be quite good for the price - the vendor is well known and lots of people have bought razors from him.

They're NOS Polish razors that this guy found a stock of - less than $20 shipped.

http://cgi.ebay.ca/straight-razor-SFK-Wapienica-5-8-NOS_W0QQitemZ140155059616QQihZ004QQcategoryZ887QQcmdZViewItem

Yes, its a live e-bay link, but before anyone gets their shorts in a knot, its a BIN and there are 96 available.

You'll still need to get it properly honed and will need something to keep it sharp and strop it with.

Top Bottom