What's new

Vintage Straight Razors

I'd stay away from any site selling "damascus" razors for $80. Stick to the tried and true outlets.

Everyone is going to tell you to get the sight unseen deal at whippeddog anyway

Honestly..i would watch ebay for razors without pitting/rust/honewear

That strop on that site looks short..meaning alot of laps will be needed..you could also go to our B/S/T and post a wtb

Holy cow. Don't go there brother... (yikes)

If you want to get started then go see Larry at Whippeddog.com. He can get you started for pennies. If you want to look around then go to:
thesuperiorshave.com
edsonrazors.com
Italianbarbor.com
or
even... Straightrazordesigns (don't hurt me boys)

Legion

Staff member
Goto our very own bst. There have been some screaming deals on straights there recently

This.

Those GD Buckingham razors from the link provided are junk. Several people here have found that out the hard way.

I am thinking of getting into STR8s.

I found this website VintageRazors.com has a set for sale.

Any one familiar with this site and/or STR8?

Looks like is good deal... is it? :001_unsur
Damascus for 80 bucks, likely not going to hold an edge. I would find out where it is manufactured, if is is Pakistan I would avoid like the plague.

+1 Whipped Dog or BST

Legion

Staff member
There is a video on Youtube of someone bending one with multigrips. Probably a definitive answer.

BST or Whippeddog for a starter straight. There has been some killer deals as of late here on the buy section of the forum.

"If it sounds too good to be true..."

I thought so... :blush:
Thanks for the feedback!:badger:

I'll have to check out Wippeddog.

Goto our very own bst. There have been some screaming deals on straights there recently

+1 on the B/S/T route. I have been so tempted but I am on a self imposed slow down on my straight purchases lately. There have been smoking hot deals there lately!!!

+1 on the B/S/T route. I have been so tempted but I am on a self imposed slow down on my straight purchases lately. There have been smoking hot deals there lately!!!

Nice!

Not a ban....but a "slow down", which is of course entirely relative, and thus purchases are easily justified as needed.

Wise.

Very wise.

Top Bottom