What's new

Does anyone know of any adapter to make DE handles work with SE heads?

I have a few nice handles that I would love to try on some of the various SE heads. Due to the construction of the Sabi, I can make that fit, but I am guessing I would need some type of threaded adapter to make the others work.

Any ideas?

You'd need a 10-32 male-female adaptor. You could DIY with a 10-32 internally threaded coupler(and a 10-32 set-screw), a drawer-pull extension, or a few other items you'll see at Ace, Lowes and Home Depot.

You'd need a 10-32 male-female adaptor. You could DIY with a 10-32 internally threaded coupler(and a 10-32 set-screw), a drawer-pull extension, or a few other items you'll see at Ace, Lowes and Home Depot.

Thanks Rob, I appreciate it, to the hardware store I shall go.

post what works and where you found it. I find some of my SE handles a little short for my liking. Would be nice to use some of my DE handles on them if I could get an adapter.

post what works and where you found it. I find some of my SE handles a little short for my liking. Would be nice to use some of my DE handles on them if I could get an adapter.

Oh yeah, think about the iKon or BRW handles on a Streamline :w00t:

If you have a little engineering company close to you and know what the threads are you might be able to get them to make you a double threaded stud or 3 out of stainless i've made tons of em in the past and it seems like something that would be ideal for what your after...

I have 3 CCB handles that fit 1912's....as well as NEW and tech heads. Just take out the screw. I'll see if I can find the pictures of them

Someone recently posted pretty much exactly this in the opposite direction from an eBay auction lot that they'd picked up. IIRC, it was a Gillette Old Type head on an ASR ornate handle with a collar adapter. Can anyone dig up that thread before I get around to it?

Here's some shots of my CCB handles....please excuse the poor pics.

$HPIM1217.jpg$HPIM1218.jpg$HPIM1219.jpg$HPIM1221.jpg$HPIM1222.jpg

I am going to talk to Rudy Vey about some handles, one for the Damaskeene. This would be the only thing to make me fall of the Sabbatical.

Bro should be VERY easy...as the Rob72 has mentioned , go down to ACE ( I find them easier to find screws, etc than the big box stores) and simply pic up a 10-32 type screw or bolt. They may even have the headless crown or set screws....if you are unsure...bring in a handle...

If they don't have the length you require, or if you can only find one with a head, simply use a hack saw or a dremel to cut to desired length.

Bro should be VERY easy...as the Rob72 has mentioned , go down to ACE ( I find them easier to find screws, etc than the big box stores) and simply pic up a 10-32 type screw or bolt. They may even have the headless crown or set screws....if you are unsure...bring in a handle...

If they don't have the length you require, or if you can only find one with a head, simply use a hack saw or a dremel to cut to desired length.

LOL...me use hand tool? Now that is funny. I am about as mechanical as a tween Twilight fan.

Went to Ace hardware this morning and bought 3 adapters for $1.50 and they work great. All one needs is a 10 32 X 3/8" set screw. So simple even I could do it.

ok, that problem is solved. what about converting an SE handle to work with a DE? Imagine an old type head on the chain link handle.

I suppose you'd have to grind the threads off of the handle and drill and tap the handle. Luckily my old man is an oldschool manual machinist.

Top Bottom