What's new

New Every Man Jack Shave Cream First Look and Mini-Review

Hey everyone! I just received my EMJ shave cream in the mail today and had to give a shot. So first off, I am new to DE shaving and have actually only shaved with a DE razor twice before today. So here was today's setup:

$photo(1).jpg
Took a nice shower with EMJ Cedarwood body wash and washed face with EMJ face scrub in signature mint. Unfortantely, I don't have any EMJ shampoo or this would have been an entire EMJ event. The brush is a VDH which I think is breaking in rather well (new badger brush is en route). Razor is a Gillette off the bay. I think it is a ball end, age unknown. This is my first use with this one, coming off a Weishi, and I loaded it with a fresh Dorco blade (sampler pack also en route).

$photo(2).jpg
The cream itself feels rather nice and smells awesome. Very similar to the cedarwood body wash and face lotion. It was a little warm, as the package literally just came off the UPS truck. So I think it will firm up some once it cools down.

$photo(3).jpg
My apologies for the blur! My lather making skills are still in the works but I think I did a fairly nice job.

On to the shave: The lather went on nice and smooth and I was able to do a nice two pass (WTG/WTG) for what I would consider a DFS. The razor glided across my skin with no irritation and a lovely smell. I finished up the shave with a nice rinse, some witch hazel and at last the cedarwood face lotion. No burn, no irritation, no redness and a pleasant smell that I hope will appease the fiancee.

I will continue using the cream and report back any news I have. Also if anyone wants to order anything EMJ, I have a promo code! :thumbup:

Thanks for the review, I have a tub on the way. I really like EMJ products and currently use the cool mint face wash and post shave lotion and the citrus shampoo.

Thanks for the review, I have a tub on the way. I really like EMJ products and currently use the cool mint face wash and post shave lotion and the citrus shampoo.

I use all of their products and love them. I find the body washes don't dry out my skin. How do you like the shampoo? That is the one thing I haven't used.

I use the mint aftershave lotion (exclusively). It is great! It is a thick lotion rather than a balm so it is great for my dry skin and feels nice after shaving.

I use all of their products and love them. I find the body washes don't dry out my skin. How do you like the shampoo? That is the one thing I haven't used.

I just started using it, still on my first bottle, but so far so good. I love the citrus scent.

I use their ASB and have also become a fan of their bar soaps. Great products at a great price. Care to share the promo code? where did you order from?

I use their ASB and have also become a fan of their bar soaps. Great products at a great price. Care to share the promo code? where did you order from?

The promo code is for their website. It is EMJSHEARER and is good for 20% off. I ordered from their website and have been in contact with them in regards to their shave oil. Samples are currently in the mail!

I love EMJs products.I use the Post Shave Lotion,Skin Clearing Lotion,SPF 15 Lotion,and Signature Mint Face Scrub.Im going to have to try this stuff.Its the sandlewood scent mild or strong?

I love EMJs products.I use the Post Shave Lotion,Skin Clearing Lotion,SPF 15 Lotion,and Signature Mint Face Scrub.Im going to have to try this stuff.Its the sandlewood scent mild or strong?

It is a cedarwood scent and it is on par, maybe slightly stronger than the cedarwood body wash.

Has this made it to Target stores yet, or is on-line from their site the only way to get it right now? None of the on-line resellers have it listed yet.

It is not in any stores near me. I think that it is only available through EMJ online at the moment as it is a new product line. But you can use the code EMJSHEARER for 20% off.

I got the Mint one in the tube and have been using it as base. I rub it into my beard then lather up my CO Bigelow and Lather over the top. I get a great shave and my skin is nice and soft.

I tryed it according to the packages instructions and found it clogged up my razor too much and didn't give me enough cousion.

Actually if you have a grocery store named "Publix" near you then most likely you have it. I picked up some of the shaving cream in the tube, along with the pre-face wash (not the scrub) and the post shave face lotion. Bonus all items were 30% off, so it was a pretty good deal. Also picked up some french milled bar soap for the bath by South of France and I'm really liking the bath soap.

I got the Mint one in the tube and have been using it as base. I rub it into my beard then lather up my CO Bigelow and Lather over the top. I get a great shave and my skin is nice and soft.

I tryed it according to the packages instructions and found it clogged up my razor too much and didn't give me enough cushion.

I'd missed this thread before now. The nearest HEB Supermarket to my place just got some of these products to put out, and the only shave cream is a brushless hydrating formula that says it's for sensitive skin. It has no fragrance. I remember that one (or more) of the creams in the way back was (were) too sticky and would clog up rapidly, but I'm unable to be certain which one(s) did that.

I bought the only type they had. At the same time, they put put some other products I'd read about here at B&B, but the shave cream was $2 - plus more costly, so I let that one pass, now I will have to find someone in that (pharmacy area) to make a favorable comment to about the added classic type products. I'd just shaved when I saw this stuff and it was a DFS grade, so nothing left to test the EMJ cream on.

http://everymanjack.com/products/shave-cream-|-fragrance-free.html

Last edited:
It's a bit suspect that the op joined this forum days before the cream became available to the public and is a huge fan of the company. If anyone else gets a hold of this cream, let us know your thoughts.

Top Bottom