What's new

After much Proraso Sandalwood anticipation....

I was fairly disappointed. Not sure if I played it up in my head, but I prefer the original (scent wise).

Performance was OK. Not as much cushion as I was hoping, but similar to the original.

proxy.php

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
I like the scent and love the performance. One thing I noticed about the new Red is that using a bit more product produces a creamier lather.

I received my first tube of the red last night. Whipped up a very quick test lather to start breaking in my first ever boar brush.
Dabbed a bit on my wrist to test the scent. At first I thought the scent wasn't for me, but I kept sniffing my wrist until it totally disappeared... I probably looked like a nutjob to my coworkers....

WORTH IT :letterk1:

Not really fond of the scent, sort of a chalky sandalwood to me. It whips up nice though but like what was said above, not a really good str8 cream, not quite heavy enough. When I went heavy with it, it became a stringy gooey goop. Perhaps I have a bad tube? Either way it's my last tube, especially after getting the brand new RR flavors.

I also got my shipment of the sandlewood.
Performance is good i believe as the original.
The only thing is that you really have to get the perfumy smell of sandlewood that we(me)are used to from others like taylors or trumpers.
It is not the same as this is something closer to the actual smell of a bark of wood in the woods.
It actually reminds me of going hunting or camping and shaving,that sort of ambiance.
I think you owe it to yourself to try it and see if your nose agrees with it.
Just don't expect that perfume smell.

I never tried the original red one. But I have this new one. No performance complaints, but the scent..... I can't put my finger on it, it's like some sort of chemical scent in there that I don't like. Under that "chemical" scent is a wonderful scent that I like, but right on top is an offensive something that I can't identify.

This scent seems to be present in the Green also, but not as bad.

The scent is nothing to write home about. Performance is good, just like previous versions of Proraso.

But What I really liked was the hydrating properties of that sandalwood version, that seemed to be better than any of the other versions that I've tried so far.

I am a newb, only been DE shaving for six months but I really enjoy the scent and the performance. It has a natural woody smell not at all artificial. I've only had it a couple of weeks but have used it everyday since it arrived.

Taking Marco's advice of using a bit more product, I got a great creamy lather that gave a great shave. I love the smell. To me a true Sandalwood.

I have this stuff and think it is great. Got my wife to become a full time injector user as well. She uses the proraso sandalwood and a schick now. I had to buy two more tubes from italian barber.

Is this a non-menthol version of Proraso? I loved the lather of the original but the menthol doesn't agree with my skin. Might have to hunt down a tube if it doesn't have menthol.

Jay

Top Bottom