What's new

Noodler's Liberty's Elysium

Isaac

B&B Tease-in-Residence
Well I am definitely a sucker for blue and blue black inks. It seems like our friends at Goulet Pens have a new Noodler's exclusive.

I took today's launch as an opportunity to pick up two bottles and a TWSBI 700 orange van pen. I can't wait to get it in :)

Anyone else pick up the ink?

Ooooh, me too. I think I'm going to grab a sample with my next order. I just placed an order this morning before the announcement dropped (or before I noticed it anyway).

I bought a bottle along with 4 empty ink bottles (three for my fancy iron gall inks from Pharmacist who ships in plastic bottles and one to put some of my Kung te Cheng ink in) and an A4 sized Clairfontaine staple top pad. I hope to have these things tomorrow so I can do a review immediately. :)

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Very nice concept behind the ink ... vibrant blue that is waterproof/bulletproof. I suspect a bottle will be on my ink shelf soon.

I just got an order delivered from the Goulet's yesterday, but looks like I am going to place another order very soon to get this ink! It looked great in Brian's video. I need to pick up their other LE ink also, Purple Heart, I have not yet.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Well I am definitely a sucker for blue and blue black inks. It seems like our friends at Goulet Pens have a new Noodler's exclusive.

I took today's launch as an opportunity to pick up two bottles and a TWSBI 700 orange van pen. I can't wait to get it in :)

Anyone else pick up the ink?
i don't know what it is about the inknouveau site, but I can never get it to load at work. The page will load about halfway, then explorer locks up hard. This is on several different windows machines at work. Oh well, I will visit from home I guess.

What an awesome looking ink! This is certainly not a good thing to be reading days before I leave to spend three months in the backcountry of New Mexico...

Ink newbie here...

Although it looks nice, why is it a novelty? Surely there's a waterproof vibrant blue ink already out there? Or is there not?

Can't say I'm not tempted, though. I very much like Noodler's Black.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Ink newbie here...

Although it looks nice, why is it a novelty? Surely there's a waterproof vibrant blue ink already out there? Or is there not?

Can't say I'm not tempted, though. I very much like Noodler's Black.

For some reason best explained by ink chemists, "blue" does not take readily to becoming waterproof or bulletproof. It is an inherently cowardly colour, easily scared by water and sent running by the mere mention of bleach. One exception to this cowardly lot: Noodler's Baystate Blue is vibrant and waterproof, ... and psychotic. Until now, that was about it.

For some reason best explained by ink chemists, "blue" does not take readily to becoming waterproof or bulletproof. It is an inherently cowardly colour, easily scared by water and sent running by the mere mention of bleach. One exception to this cowardly lot: Noodler's Baystate Blue is vibrant and waterproof, ... and psychotic. Until now, that was about it.

It may not be alcohol proof, though, as I cleaned it off my hands with some Purell. Then again, why would anyone be pouring alcohol on their documents, except to set them afire. Never mind. Carry on. :whistling:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
It may not be alcohol proof, though, as I cleaned it off my hands with some Purell. Then again, why would anyone be pouring alcohol on their documents, except to set them afire. Never mind. Carry on. :whistling:

How does it perform compared to plain old Noodler's Blue? I think especially in terms of feathering and bleed-through. I like Noodler's blue not only for the colour but also because it does NOT feather or bleed through, so it is great for wetter, broader nibs ... italics, music nibs, &c. Given the wet flow of L-E and its slow dry time, I'm thinking it's a similarly well-behaved ink.

More coming next week, don't worry!

Very similar to Noodler's Blue, but with the added water resistance and bulletproof properties.
Baystate Blue is not bulletproof (it is susceptible to bleach, for example).

Top Bottom