What's new

Pipe Burn Out

Out of curiosity, how many of you have ever burned out a pipe? In my 25 years of smoking, I have only ever burned out one, and it was entirely my fault for smoking a brand new pipe outdoors in near hurricane winds.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Out of curiosity, how many of you have ever burned out a pipe? In my 25 years of smoking, I have only ever burned out one, and it was entirely my fault for smoking a brand new pipe outdoors in near hurricane winds.
Not yet, but I pay special attention to shield the bowl when the ceiling fan is on.

I burned out my first cob pipe in a few months and one of my first briar pipes, a cheap basket pipe, after about 6 years. I'm not sure that I wasn't scraping it down too vigorously after a smoke and basically dug through the bottom of the bowl.

I burned out my first cob pipe in a few months and one of my first briar pipes, a cheap basket pipe, after about 6 years. I'm not sure that I wasn't scraping it down too vigorously after a smoke and basically dug through the bottom of the bowl.

My first pipe was a Savenelli that I dug too hard on and burned clear through the bottom in about 5 years. Tough lesson learned, but my other 24+ briars are now handled very gently.

Never burned out a briar, but I pay special attention to taking care of the m and maintaining the cake at a proper thickness. I've burned up a lot of cobs over the years though.

Top Bottom