What's new

Where can I buy just razor heads without handles?

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I have a Bob's Razor Works handle with an EJ DE89 mounted on it that I just love. I'm thinking of trying a Merkur or other head on it, just to see how they work. I don't want to collect whole razors, though.

Thanks!

You pretty much cannot buy heads without handles. Ikon used to sell heads separately, so does Tradere. Otherwise they're not available. I may be wrong about this, but you can certainly check with Merkur. They do make one or two models that have bottom plates which are not attached to the handle, so those would work with a BRW handle, but most Merkurs are in fact attached.

You can always try WTB. I traded someone a head for a head once. I still have spare heads, New and some others. It seems like there would be a surplus of unwanted handles instead, but I'm sure I'm not the only member with odd parts lying around.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Cool, I will see about getting unused frankenstein parts from WTB. The one on TGN looks a lot like what I have.

I'm just goofing around, I probably shouldn't change a thing now that I've gotten so used to that razor.

Thanks for the ideas!

Last edited:
Top Bottom