What's new

"best" shaving cream

Sad to say, but the top 3 creams I have tried have all been discontinued. This would be C&E Sweet Almond Oil, The Body Shop's Original Formula (beige tub) and Proraso Red with wheat germ.

Among those still in production, I like Blenheim Bouquet, Confianca, Jack Black Supreme, and the Four Horseman of the Shavepocalypse: Tabac, Musgo Real, Proraso, and Spieck.

1. Santa Maria Novella Tub/Xpec
2. Acca Kappa 1869 Tub
3. Acqua Di Parma Tub
4. Castle Forbes Lavender
5. I Coloniali/Red Proraso/DR Harris Arlington/AOS Sandalwood
6. Castle Forbes Lime/Truefitt & Hill Ultimate Comfort/Green New Proraso/Musgo Real
7. Speick/DR Harris Marlborough/AOS Lemon/Fitjar Folgefonn/Penhaligon Blenheims
8. Erasmic Made in Jordan/Omega/TOBS Jermyn Street/Kent GB

YMMV

Last edited:
Have tried Trumpers, Truefitt and Taylor's.

And I STILL reach for the Proraso Green tube more than anything else...

never tried AdP or SMN but might at some point. maybe i can trade a sample for a sample.

My best in the order of preference are:

AK 1869
CF lavender/limes
AOS sandalwood
GFT coco
Harris Arlington
NB replenishing
T&H 1805
TOBS avocado

Admittedly I am sort of cheap but I really like Arko creams. I know Best Shave has them, there are a couple of other vendors that carry Arko products as well.

Not only is this a really tough question to answer, but if price was at all a factor, Arko Creams would probably win. The "Cool" version reminds me of a bit toned down, cheaper version of Proraso, yet it is FULLY functional, I use it and will continue to.

Since you said high-end, I should edit that the 3 T's is a good place to start IMO, but there are for sure more, I just don't think I've tried enough yet.

Since the weather turned hot I have been enjoying Santa Maria Novella. The initial cost is alot but the tub will last a very long time.

I think for me the cheaper ones have out done the expensive ones. The expensive ones have amazing fragrances, but aside from that, I get the best performance from....

Musgo Real
Proraso
Speick

Acca Kappa 1869 (the one in the tub) takes the cake for me.

Runner up is Castle Forbes Lavender.

Lot's of great suggestions on this post though.

I need to try SMN, ADP and Pen's BB...anyone got any samples? :001_rolle

Last edited:
In order of preference of my top 5

Trumper
Cyril Salter
Truefitt
Nougat for men (new product for me this week and I get on well with it)
Vulfix

I would probably put the vintage Coates Sandalwood at no 2, but not the current offering as its nowhere near as good as the original.

Ok from where I sit, a good all rounder cream that will get a lot of consensus is Proraso Green, can't go wrong with it, I use it in a regular rotation.

Now I have been using E Shave's White Tea Shave Cream and companion aftershave balm for about a month now. For my face, it delivers a better than BBS shave with a really nice white/green tea scent. While it does not have the same storied brand history the three T's possess, E Shave makes the best cream out there bar none for my face.

Trumpers Coconut Oil cream (maybe my #1 spot.. it is nice)
Truefitt & Hill (any)

One that gets passed by is Kiss My Face. Exceptional cream, reasonably priced, and should be at a store in your area so you can just pick it up anytime.

Top Bottom